cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery Copying Special Stock Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus.

I have done plenty of research in other forums on how the special stock indicator is assigned to an item while creating an Outbound Delivery with Sales order reference.

I keep getting the special indicaotr "E" in the "Goods movement" tab although I have checked my configuration for Item Category, Requirement class and Strategy Group.

Is there any other item from which the system determines special stock indicator E while creating an outbound order?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

If you are sure that no customization is involved, then you can have a look at the following note:-

• Note 459734 - How does the order account assignment work?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lakshmipathi

Thanks a lot for your response.

Actually I found thanks to the note you mentioned that special indicator E is being assigned "Material dependent"

KEB requirement class is causing the special indicator. Please if you are so kind as to explain what are the consequences of changing this indicator to one that does not contain indicator E. (See config for KEB)

Regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you can change this "E" to blank for KEB being this Requirement Class is a standard one which comes with un-editable field.  Even if you copy and try to rename it, this field would be in un-editable mode only.  I am not sure on this as right now, I dont have access to SAP.  Nevertheless, if you want a similar data without "E", may be what you can do is copy some existing Requirement Class or create a new one in replica of KEB

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Requirement class fields are determined primarily from the  CO and PP module . The fields which are greyed out are determined somewhere in these modules.

PLease check the follwing path for determination of speical stock indicator:

IMG--Controlling----Product cost controlling---cost object controlling-----product cost by sales order-------control of sales order related prod/product cost by sales order---------check reqt class

Here the  valuaton field is responsible for the special stock field value in the reqt class(M in the valuation field results in E in the class--not sure  since I dont have the system but pls test and respond.)

Regards

Maddy

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

To add to it ....I agree with what Lakshmipathi had stated ...not recommended to play with the standard setup a copy of the same would be ideal if changes are required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tested and valuation type M in KEB is causing the special stock indicator as you mention.

I undertsnd it is used for the MRP configuration to work.If changed for example to a requirement class with valuation "D". What would be the consequences?

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Valuation D i didnt find that option in valuation please clarify what you meant.

Regards

Maddy

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Juan special stock indicator decides if the stock is to be managed separately for the order................if the order needs sales order specific stock, if its consignment ....if it can pick it  from the unrestricted stock etc.

I have not tested the same....but once the change is in place it should affect all your new orders  so ideally you should not have open orders before you make the change.

It would be best if you could test the same in your sandbox.

Regards

Maddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

The special stock indicator is based on the requirement class assigned to  your sales order(if you look for the req class detials OVZG you will find E assigned for the same).

In your case since the requirement type is assigned a special stock status the material for the order has to be a sales order specific stock(is a production created for the same) which it is looking for during delivery and hence the message.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Madan.

Before hand, thanks for your reply.

As mentioned before, I have looked up the requirement class for the sales order. I use req calss 50: Warehouse consumption. For this one, the indiactor E is not enabled.

So I'm not sure which other element the outbound delivery is taking the indicator.