cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-native HANA Application Life-cycle management

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm starting a project of migrating my .net application DB from using MSSQL DB to HANA.

I use HANA data provider for Microsoft ADO.NET. (SAP HANA Data Provider for Microsoft ADO.NET Reference - SAP Library).

And also my application contains a map using ESRI ArcGIS API. (using HANA and ESRI's integration)

Some background to the question:

I have 3 HANA environments:

- Dev

- Test

- Production

All of my development (tables, views, procedures, types) is done in the DEV environment.

I create my objects directly in the catalog using "CREATE TABLE", "CREATE VIEW", etc... writing SQL scripts.

example:

CREATE COLUMN TABLE TB1 (

ID INTEGER,

SOME_VAR VARCHAR(10),

ANOTHER_VAR VARCHAR(100),

PRIMARY KEY (ID) );

I started reading about the life-cycle management tools the HANA offers (HALM, CTS+) - but according to my understanding they concern to HANA Native Applications.

I didn't find any tool for Non-Native applications that uses the HANA as a DB.

So basically my question is how can I track changes between my environments?

How can I know if a change in the table, view, stored procedure was made and how do I move it to Test and Prod environments?

The question refers to all objects made in HANA studio (Tables, Views, Procedures, Types - and even some data from tables (constant, metadata))

With MSSQL - I could use a tool in visual studio for scheme and data compare (gets 2 connection strings and compares db's) - Do I have this tool in HANA?

Is there any tool like this for HANA DB objects?

Thank you,

Yaron Inghel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaron,

• If you are planning to use sql commands to create the objects(Tables, views etc) it cannot be transported.(unfortunately you need to re-execute it, across the landscapes)

• In order to transport, objects should be created via 'Development Perspective' i.e., ".hdbdd" or ".hdbtable" or ".hdbview" or ".hdbsequence"

<Refer Hana developer guide:                              http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Developer_Quick_Start_Guide_en.pdf and chapter :           "Setting up the Persistence Model">

• To track the delta changes, you need to enable the "Change Recording" in the HALM

Regards,

Deepak

Answers (0)