Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction at WBS element level in ME51N Requisitions

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to restrict few requsitioners from entering requisitions using other WBS elements except for which they are eligible.
I tried all options with standard auth objects for ME51N but there is no auth check for WBS elements in the standard program itself and could not restrict.

I am thinking of a custom solution to accomplish this requirement. Please advise if below is the right approach for this or suggest any ideas?

• Copy SAP standard t-code ME51N to a custom program/t-code like ZME51N
  • Create a custom table and define relationship between user id and WBS element
  • Call custom table in the copied program which checks if the User Name and WBS Element combination exists in the table and gives error message to the user
  • Create a security role with only ZME51N
  • Maintain user id in the custom table for new users

Regards,

Salman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

How can SAP system knows that your users are restricted to only certain WBS elements as per your users criteria?

As per my understanding i can say it is only custom enhancement in ME51N/ME52N save exit.So we too have same functionality as per department category with respect to WBS elements of each financial year.So what i did is, created a custom table where it is having year/wbs element/plant/department (MRP controller of material)/SAP user id data.So that whenever any user creates a P.R system will check the WBS element and year and MRP controller data incustom table and validates.If every thing is O.K then passes.If not error message is populated for the same.

Kindly try with your organization requirement and have a custom enhancement in save exit of ME51N/ME52N.Also keep ME53N also ass some users may first login to ME53N and then from their they click on create icon to create a P.R so that system considers the ME53N transaction for the same.

Regards,

Pardhu

2 REPLIES 2

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

How can SAP system knows that your users are restricted to only certain WBS elements as per your users criteria?

As per my understanding i can say it is only custom enhancement in ME51N/ME52N save exit.So we too have same functionality as per department category with respect to WBS elements of each financial year.So what i did is, created a custom table where it is having year/wbs element/plant/department (MRP controller of material)/SAP user id data.So that whenever any user creates a P.R system will check the WBS element and year and MRP controller data incustom table and validates.If every thing is O.K then passes.If not error message is populated for the same.

Kindly try with your organization requirement and have a custom enhancement in save exit of ME51N/ME52N.Also keep ME53N also ass some users may first login to ME53N and then from their they click on create icon to create a P.R so that system considers the ME53N transaction for the same.

Regards,

Pardhu

0 Kudos

thanks Pardhu for the suggestion. I will try your idea