Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container ID Not Fetching in SAP EM

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done the configuration for EM – TM Integration with Expected Events on Container Level , as per the document Authored by Daniel Harder.

Currently the container event handler is getting generated as per the freight units, however the container ID is not getting generated / displayed on WebUI.

All the necessary coding as mentioned in the document is done as well.Can anyone help me understand why the same is not getting fetched/how can i identify the bug in here.Is there any alternative just to fetch the container number maintained in freight unit.

Screenshot follows:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should first check your control data extractor for the application object type you are using for the freight unit tracking. By debugging you can check if the value is extracted correctly.

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As per your document, you have used the data code set and data ID for this purpose & you have maintained this in expected event extractor.

It had nothing to do with the control parameters as we have written the code in the expected events.

Am i wrong or missing something from your document.

Do you mean to add the container id i.e in control parameters?

I have done the configuration as mentioned in : .

Kindly elaborate.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I referred to the empty field for the container ID on the search result tab - this refers to a control parameter, I guess. So for this you should debug the control paramter extractor to analyze if extraction is done in TM.

You are right the field Container ID on the Event Messages tab should refer in that case to DATA ID. For this you should debug the expected event extractor function to check if the extraction is done correctly.

If you are sure that the extraction is done correctly, the next step would be to check if the values are peristed correctly in EM (tables /SAPTRX/EH_CNTRL resp. /SAPTRX/EH_EXPEV).

Best regards, DAniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The search field in the WebUI is not an control parameter.As per the config maintained in published document it is as follows:

It is maintained as type Event Message & not Control Parameter.Kindly advise.

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is correct for the field 'Container ID' on the Event Messages tab. Therefore you should check if the extraciton on TM side is working correctly. Either debug the extraction function module for the expected events or debug BAPI /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_POST on EM side (MILESTONEDATA) to check the extracted data. Once you have done this you know if the issue is on TM side (extraction) or on EM side.

Maybe you can also double check the following as first step: Check the expected event profile (TA /SAPTRX/TSC0EE) you are using. For each expected event for which you want to use the fields DATA CS and DATA ID you have to UNCHECK the flag 'Do Not Set' in the line 'Data Function' - otherwise field DATA ID is not getting populated on EM side for the expected events. This is described in chapter 'Create new expected event profile' in the SCN document.

Best regards, Daniel

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have corrected the expected events by unchecking the flag for Data Function .But still it is not working.

Can you pls explain, where do you maintain the container number , as per your document it is missing. I am maintaining the container number in the tor-item - platenumber ...will it fetch the container number in data id .Or is it somewhere else i have to maintain.

Answers (0)