cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF delta changes in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Are we supposed to schedule batch jobs using below programs for CIFing delta changes?

1) RIMODDEL - Delete old inactive model if any (Optional)

2) RIMODINI - Initial data transfer

3) RIMODGEN - New model generation

4) RIMODAC2 - New model activation

Or is there alternate method in EWM?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create a new model and activation of that for new master data.

For transfering changes of customer / vendors / materials which are in a model, you need to keep this active and activate BTE change transfer. And this is all explained here:Changes to Master Data - Integration via Core Interface (CIF) - SAP Library.

The relevant part starts in the middle of the screen, with the heading "Online Transfer Using Business Transfer Events (BTEs)"

And there is nothing alternative in EWM, this is all ERP.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have BTE setting 2 for create and as well as change of customer/vendors. My model is active and working in change mode ( reflecting data in EWM for all changes to customer/vendors) But when I create new customer/vendor its failing. So will BTE transfer work only for change in existing data or it also works in new vendor/customer created in ECC?

please advice.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

for new data a new model needs to be generated. Thats why you create a variant for your model. And that is what all the reports are for.

brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

We have variants created for materia/vendor and customer and model is active. Once we create new material, it gets cifed without any batch job. But I cant send any new customer or vendor. However any changes made to existing vendor gets reflected.

So do i still need a separate variant for new data creation ?

please advice.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Once we create new material, it gets cifed without any batch job"

I actually doubt that, because this is not how it works (except somebody shows me otherwise).

"So do i still need a separate variant for new data creation ?"

You do not need a separate variant. You need a variant which covers your materials / customers / vendors can have. Means either all possible names are covered or you use a more generic selection criteria.

Maybe you have two different models, one where only the materials are in and which is running planned. You can make a search to find in which models you material is included (CFM5)

"We have BTE setting 2 for create and as well as change of customer/vendors."

Where? The only setting I know is for change. Nothing "create".

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

you are right as always. We have 2 models active and using one batch job is scheduled. Thx for help.

Answers (0)