cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Outbound Delivery with multiple shipping points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD Experts,

It would be great if you can advise me solutions in this below situation .

I have a sales order with three line items.  The first item is delivered from AU plant.  The rest of two will be delivered from NZ plant.

Then I create outbound delivery,  I choose NZ shipping point for the line items 20 and 30.  The delivery is successfully created.

When I create another outbound delivery with AU shipping point for the line item 10, the system said

Kind regards,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A couple of things to check:

1. Is the shipping point for item 10 correct? You posted a screenshot from some invoice (probably you uploaded it by mistake). Please share a screenshot of the sales order shipping tab for item 10.

2. Is the quantity from the schedule line confirmed?

3. Is the selection date correct (check the shipping tab)?

4. Is complete delivery required for this customer (shipping tab on order header level)?

5. Please post screenshots of sales order header and item 10 status as well, so that we can see the completion status, rejection, delivery status, blocking etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Here are screenshots that you request.

1. Sales order shipping tab.  Not sure why it is rejected because of stock shortage.

On the other hand, If I delete outbound delivery for items in NZ plant, I can create delivery for item in AU plant.  Then I am unable to delivery NZ plant items .

2. Yes, the quantity is confirmed for line item 10.

Regards,

Danny

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the first screenshot I see a rejection reason assigned to item 10.

This would mean that the item is considered as completed (you can check the order header and item status in VA03 or in VBUK/VBUP). When an item has status compled, you cannot create additional deliveries for it.

If you have not assigned it by yourself, there is probably some additional logic implemented that sets it automatically based on certain preconditions. Try to remove the rejection reason and create the delivery.

If the rejection is applied again at order save, you will need to check what is the exact logic implemented in your company (unfortunately the forum users cannot help you much in this investigation).

In addition to that - I see no route is applied to any of the order items and the determined dates do not seem very realistic. Please do not forget to discuss the scheduling with your colleagues from the Logistics team after you finish with your part of the setup.

Technically you can create deliveries for multiple shipping points from a single sales order - this is not an uncommon scenario at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

If I remove the rejection reason, I can get into the outbound delivery initial screen.  When I save it, system does not allow.

Thanks,

Danny

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm... can you get the message number? Press the question mark from the popup to get the message ID.

This message looks like a result of some custom development. In case you have well-maintained documentation, check the functional design document or the development specifications. In case you do not have that (not all companies keep the documentation up-to-date), you have two possible options:

• Investigate by yourself: after you get the message number you can try to check where-used for it in SE91 or check for custom coding (mv45afzz is a good place to start looking, because a certain logic seems to set back the rejection).
  • If this does not help you to determine the cause for the error message, you can ask a colleague from the development team to assist you if you are not comfortable with debugging.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

This is the message sceenshot.

Regards,

Danny

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to find the custom code that sets the rejection reason?

Probably the method with se91 will not produce good results.

Check your company's documentation, mv45afzz or debug (if no other method helps).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Here is the screenshot in SE91 for the message.

How do I find the custom code that set this error message ?

Thanks,

Danny

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check your functional design and development specification documentation?

I doubt that you will get any good results for this specific message in se91 (there is a button in the transaction for where-used list). At the time when I suggested such approach, I was hoping for a z-message that could provide some insight on the reason behind the development or who might have requested it.

Did you review the code of mv45afzz in se38 as I already suggested?

It seems that you are new to SAP, so in case you have not found the relevant information in the FDD or RICEFW documents, asking some of your colleagues to assist you (especially if you are not very familiar with ABAP) could be the most effective approach.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

Your selection screen shows AUZ0 shipping point.  Didn't you say there was a different shipping point than the shipping point for the 'australia' item?  Enter the proper shipping point.......

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

My sales order has items which will be delivered from multiple shipping points.  So I wonder can I create multiple deliveries for those items ?

Regards,

Danny