SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question dunning of negative amounts

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

In our system we have set the amount limits for dunning procedure at $60.

But we are observing credits going thru' dunning process. We see this behavior for Security deposit refunds (doc type IN) & transferred credits (doc type XF).

Example of credit through transfer going thru' dunning :

Example of Security deposit refund going thru' dunning

Is the total balance on CA considered during dunning or amount at document level ? In the 2nd  example, we have a debit balance of the account.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

Here is what i found on further analysis, the credits  thru dunning only when there is open debit on CA.

I selected a scenario where there was a open credit & open invoice

And put this through the dunning process & the credit item was dunned along with debit items.

I tested other way around too..by dunning a CA with Credit (doc type XF) & it did not go thru' dunning.

Is this typical behaviour ?

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Can you check event 302 if any customisation exists?

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

No we do not have any customization on event 302. We have activated the standard FKK_SAMPLE_0302 function.

I tried another account where it has a credit of $202 (doc type XF) & I billed this account.  The amount on the bill ($182.00) balanced against the Credit  & open credit of $ 20 could be seen on the account.

This has me completely confused as the clearing issue does not seem to be happening in every case.

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I don't think it's SAP standard behavior to dun negative balances.

Even in your scenario, the normal payments are not getting dunned.

Its only the SD refund line items which are going into dunning path.

Can you check, the dunning events thoroughly, event 300,311 in particular.

Also Check, if there is any thing done in the dunning grouping events,301,306 &309.

Check for any implicit enhancement as well.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi satish ,

please check if you have defined the particular main sub as additional receivables, if so please check table TFK058A , for the rule for additional receivable PDUNN="x"  is marked , remove this and see if this corrects your issue . 

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Please check at the Credit document level (e.g. Released Security Deposit) if there is a payment method and /or payment lock on the document level.

Sometimes this can affect Dunning behaviour.

Regardless, Dunning of Credits is only relevant to the Insurance industry.

SO, as our colleagues have stated, please have an ABAP programmer debug by running the Dunning Proposal and Activity ( FPVA/FPVB) in DBUG mode and see whats being proposed for Dunning.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor

There is no payment method or Lock on the documents level.

Also note that if the Security deposit refund is the only open item in CA , it does not get dunned. It is only when there is open debit item along with Security deposit refund that the open credit gets dunned along with Debit. Ideally the open debit & credit should be balanced in clearing run but for some docs this does'nt seem to happen leading to this issue.

I have a separate discussion open on auto clearing

I will try the debug approach suggested by you by getting one of our ABAP guys involved.

Thanks & regards

Satish

0 Kudos

There are no entries in TFK058A.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

I checked the events. No custom function modules implemented in any of the events.

Also note that if the Security deposit refund is the only open item in CA , it does not get dunned. It is only when there is open debit item along with Security deposit refund that the open credit gets dunned along with Debit.