cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_AAE Sender Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts,

I have a requirement where 2 different ECC has to connect to a single PI . There are two different scenarios in SAP PI  using the same IDOC  for different  ECC .

Here I have confusion how the PI system will identify the respective mapping/scenario  when the same named IDOC triggers from the two separate ECC systems.

I have referred the below link on sender IDOC configuration

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/56c2ce22d9f611f223717a77d0032ea05633c0516dffe22233af9fce223182...

Please help me out on my above query??

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

There are many ways you or PI can differentiate it.

1. Runtime differentiation - The channels for receiving the idoc from ECC will be in the individual Business Systems.

2. Payload proof - Control records will contain the information of sender system

3. Mapping distinction- If you have different mapping for both the scenarios then in the ico you will mention different mapping and of course , ICO will be different as there are 2 different business system.

4. If you are following Syed Umar's document then read Cloning and Manual Channel approach for your scenarios- Cloned Resource adapters pointing to 2 different ECC used in 2 channel, or 2 manual channels pointing to 2 different ECC.

Hope this clarifies your situation.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tibin,

You can differentiate based on control records as each ECC system will have differet control records.

And from ICO/RWB monitoring perspective based on Sender ECC system it can be differentiated.