cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Logic Editor crashes when double clicking on link for an action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we run xMII version 11.5 SR3 with Sun Java SDK 1.5.0_05. We have some machines where the xMII always crashes as soon as we click on the configure links button. Error message is "An exception has been caught. NULL. Check the logs for more information". Does anybody have an idea what the problem is or which logs I can check ?

Thanks in advance.

Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

Check servlet logs in <installation Folder>:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII.

Did you try it with some lower versions of Java?

1.4.2_08 is preferrable.

Thanks,

Ajitha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have three versions of the JRE installed on the machines. Switching between versions and finally choosing version 1.4.2.09 solved the problem after restarting the internet explorer.

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Udo,

Make sure that you do not have Java 1.5 installed on the server. If you have 11.5 SR3 installed the min requirement for java is 1.4.2_13 make sure this is installed on the server. The log files you can look at are in C:\Lighthammer\Logs and the one you would want is the cms.log file. Looks like you are good on the client side as xMII supports 1.4.2_13 - 1.5.0_06 as the later version had some problems.

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

The release note for SR03 talks about "JRE version 1.4.2_07 and later is still supported" for the client.

Is this incorrect? Are there any issues using 1.4.2_07 on the server (or the client for that matter ) for SR03?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

thanks for the info. Our server runs on Java 1.4.2_07. We tried other versions but this was the only version we could get it to work. In the JNLP-Runtime settings for the user on the client I have listed three java runtime versions. If I activate version 1.4.2_09 only, the logic editor works fine. But this causes problems with other applications.

Udo

0 Kudos

Udo,

What are the categories and names of the actions where this is happening? Any chance that they are custom actions, or are they standard ones? Also, does it still happen if you clear your javaws cache on the client and then reopen the BLS editor?

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SR03 release note says "SAP xMII 11.5 SR03 supports the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.5.0_06 on client machines."

May be that is the issue.

One question though - does it happen in only a few of the client machines while it works for others?In that case is there any difference between the configuration accross the client machines?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It happens only on certain machines which obviously is dependent on the Java Version. I have changed the settings for the JNLP Runtime and activated only version 1.4.2_09. With this setting it is working fine. Unfortunately, we have problems with another application now.