cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sale order partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all my customer want to have partners in sale order of the customer hierarchy determinated not form the date of the day but on the delivery date

i tell him that is not possible

now he ask me to change it in sale order

How can I obtain it? from customizing I cannot take off the flag.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hualin_zhang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shila,

Which flag please?

Best regards,

Hualin

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This probably refers to the fact that in VOPAN you can manually remove the "Not modifiable" checkbox from the partner functions with origin 'B' - KNVH, but at save the checkbox gets reselected .

I wonder why the customer would need such functionality to be implemented?

1. For which purposes the cusomer uses hierarchies - is it only for reporting or also for determining specific pricing conditions? I can see some potential problems in both cases - when you have more than one delivery for a single sales order item with different dates for example - how would you expect to handle such cases (even if you decide not to use the customer hierarchy at all and go for a custom development).

2. Why the customer needs to change hierarchy assignments so often? Is it because of very frequent changes in his customer base - acquisitions etc. or because of bad quality of the master data in the productive system? If it is the first reason, then it would make a lot of sense to create a new set of documents (an acquisition would mean different treatment from credit perspective, different payer etc.). In the case of low quality of master data it would be much better to enforce some internal procedures or checks instead. If it is really impossible to capture all required data for new customers in a reasonable timeframe, then even one-time customers could be a viable option (if it is permitted by the local legislation and not in conflict with the corporate policy).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina, yes the customizing transaction is VOPAN.

The reason of this question is that the change the hierarchy with a future validity date but they create the sale order today.

So the ask to have the possibility to change the hierarchy for the document.

Regards

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think that you can do that in a standard system.

Since the validity date for hierarchy assignment lies in the future and assuming that it is correct from business perspective to have it maintained for a later date, it does not seem very logical to have the hierarchy applied in this specific sales order.

If the customer insists to have the partner functions applied from the current date and the hierarchy assignment date was set by mistake, he should first request the update in VDH1N. After that - there is a way to redetermine the hierarchy assignment in case no subsequent documents are created for a sales order (it could lead to changes to pricing and order block for credit reasons though).