cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading in a Filter Panel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I have a question : If i use a Filter Panel with "Country / Region / City" for exemple, when i select a value in Country Filter (for exemple France), is it possible to filter the list of value available in Region Filter according to the filter Country ?

Because the problem is : in Region value, i have all the region of all the world (USA, UK, FRANCE ...), but if i select France in my Panel Filter, i don't want to see anymore USA Region or UK Region.

I know we can do a cascading filter with Listbox or Dimension Filter (), but there is a way to do this with Panel Filter, in order to have one element and now multiple dimension filter like the previous link?

Thank you all !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

This is functionality that is only present in BW or HANA as datasources.

If you are using a .unx for your dashboard you have to use one question per filterpanel and use scripting (.setVariableValue) to mimic the results of a cascading listbox.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

What kind of data source are you using?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

I believe the Filter Panel does work the way you want it to; any selection made at the Country level would reflect in the Region level as well.

I've a question: After making the selection, are you clicking on the Back or Apply button? It works as expected on hitting Apply.

Or you could set the Auto Apply property to True, and see if that works for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anuraag