cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Media list for SAP Netweaver 7.4 AS JAVA on linux.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am installing first time SAP Netweaver 7.4 AS JAVA on linux, and i want it to connect to my IDES EHP7 which is on windows because our abapers need to use ADS.

i am getting in confused in media, which needs to be downloaded.

Please help which media is needed for the installation.

I have gone through the installation document for AS JAVA but i would thankful if any one provide me any installation document(Procedure).

Waiting for prompt response.

Thanks & Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1- Go to SWDC first : Installations and Upgrades | SAP Support Portal  and then click "Browse our download catalog".

2- Then select SAP NetWeaver and complementary products" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER 7.4 with that order.

3- Select Linux and your DB type.

4- The basic files you must download to install NW Java stack. Here are an example for Oracle:

NW 7.4 SR2 Java 1/2 2/2

NW 7.4 SR2 Language 1/2 2/2

SAP Kernel 7.42 Linux on x86_64 64bit

NW 7.4 SR2 Installation Export

ORACLE Client 12.1.0.2 

Oracle 12.1 RDBMS Linux on x86_64 64bit 1/2 2/2

Regards,

Serhat

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

According to NW 7.4 Master Guide you can find DVD list from Installation Guide as explained below.

Since the material numbers of the corresponding DVDs, CDs, and archives may change when new updates become necessary, we recommend that you visit the SAP Software Distribution Center to make sure that you always use the most recent version of the indicated data carriers. For more information, see the section Preparing the Installation Media in the Installation guide Installing SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 and Higher - Using Software Provisioning Manager ... There are specific installation guides for all supported combinations of technologies (ABAP, Java, or ABAP and Java), databases, and operating systems.

Check 4.7 Preparing the Installation Media section.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yuksel,

Thanks for  your response,

This is what i am confusing.

Can you please mention the files only for JAVA Stack??

I would really be thankful to you.

Regards,

John

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello John,

You can find the pictures of inst master and swdc places below.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR