cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC 5.0 & SSO - SNC &

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWBC 5.0 PL9

We're configuring SSO and from a client perspective, SAPGUI is working, but I can't get NWBC working.

1. We use a centralized SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml file on a file share that all the clients point to in order to pull their system connection information.  We're going through a 3 phase SAP implementation, so this is very handy as we roll out new modules/systems.

2. I've modified the .xml file to include the SNC information, set sncop="9" to enable it.

3. I can open SAPGUI on a client and it reads this information fine.  however, when I open NWBC, it does not create a secure connection and the 'pad-lock' symbol in the lower right of the NWBC client shows it's unsecure.  One interesting note however, is that I can right-click on a system in the system selection window and it does give me the option to do an SNC Logon with or without SSO.  But selecting either product the same result - the pad-lock is show unlocked.

4. However, I can, on the client itself, manually configure a connection in SAPGUI, and include the SNC information, then open NWBC and use that connection, it does show the secure connection via the locked pad-lock in NWBC.

So I'm a little confused why I can create a connection on the local machine and it works, but when I try to use the central SAPUILandscapeGlobal.xml file, it does not work.  I've compared my entries to the other xml files after creating the manual entry, but can't see any discrepancy.

Any help would be appreciated!  If more information is necessary, let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Based on what you describe this should work. I'd suggest you create a support message on BC-FES-BUS-DSK so that the team can take a close look.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christian for the sanity check and suggestion.  I will do that.