cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get policy configuration for web application Exception in BPM Deployment

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are getting following exception while deploying a BPM on SAP PO 7.4 server. We are using NWDS 7.31 for design, build and deployment.

"Error while setting application security. Could not get policy configuration for web application "

We are encountering this error for one of the Operation mapping, imported as WS in BPM.

I have crosschecked all required steps for using operation mapping in NWBPM from following blogs and documents,

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2012/06/11/using-netweaver-pi-s-mapping-in-n...

Using Operation Mappings (PI) in a BPM Process - Process Orchestration - SAP Library

Please find below the trace,

atcom.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.AbstractDeployProcessor$DeployProcessorHelper.visit(AbstractDeployProcessor.java:282)

atcom.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeploymentItemImpl.accept(DeploymentItemImpl.java:84)

atcom.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.AbstractDeployProcessor.deploy(AbstractDeployProcessor.java:100)

atcom.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployThread.run(DeployThread.java:39)

atcom.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

atcom.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

atcom.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Nested exceptions :com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.

WebDeploymentException:

Error while setting application security. Could not get policy configuration for web application

[Test_StatusUpdate_Service/Test_Execute_And_Test_Response_StatusUpdatePortType]

in application [test.org/test_status~pr~pm]

with policy config ID [test.org/test_status~pr~pm*test_org_pr_pm_Test_Execute_And_Test_Response_StatusUpdatePortType].

Let me know if any one encountered this error and know the resolution.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambuj,

Use short names instead of long names for your operation mapping name check the limitation in below SAP Note.

1890617 - Maximum length of security policy configurations

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu and Praveen.

I'll try these options and let you know if it resolves my issue.

Deployment trace or log doesn't show the error mentioned in the note, advised by Praveen. But that was the exact issue, one of my operation mapping name was too long which produces the error.

Error:

Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: Failed to set the parameter 2 of the statement >>SELECT * FROM UME_LINKED_PC WHERE CONTEXT = ? OR CONTEXT = ? OR LINKED_CONTEXT = ? OR LINKED_CONTEXT = ?<<: Cannot assign a >>java.lang.String<< object of length 269 to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR(255)<<..

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Failed to set the parameter 2 of the statement >>SELECT * FROM UME_LINKED_PC WHERE CONTEXT = ? OR CONTEXT = ? OR LINKED_CONTEXT = ? OR LINKED_CONTEXT = ?<<: Cannot assign a >>java.lang.String<< object of length 269 to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR(255)<<.

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:104

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ambuj,

Check whether your user name has the below roles

• SAP_BPM_TRIGGER_EVENT

• SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER