cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Sales Order with Cross Country Plant / Warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I request your support and valuable inputs on below scenario.

My Client has business in many EU countries. Currently they have national warehouse in each country and sales orders have been created using stock from the national warehouse.

They would now like to change this process so warehouses can operate across the countries. This means Sales order can be raised in one country and delivery can be satisfied from different warehouse either in the same country (different regions) or different country. I understand that the process will have significant tax implications.

Can somebody throw some lights on what changes/configuration we required in the system to allow this scenario with minimal impacts.

Kind regards

Adam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned Jignesh, good documents are available for plants abroad functionality in this forum/SCN wiki. For example check at

I also recommend to consult a tax expert for VAT/EU sales/Intrastat reporting.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope each warehouse will ne a plant in SAP. If the sales are made within EU countries, this is a classic case of Plants Abroad.

From the tax point of view there will be an impact on Intrastat reporting.

Please search the forum on Plants Abroad and you will get good guidance on how to set up your organization structure and pricing. Subsequently you can post specific questions here.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh for your response.

I have gone through Plant Abroad functionality on SAP and found that it is really helpful if you have one company code and plant in different EU countries. However, in our case we have 5 company codes set up already in EU countries with their respective national warehouse each for one company.

Can we use Plant Abroad? Is there any significant org structure change to use Plant Abroad?

Kind regards

Adam