cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-SRM catalog - Modification of pre delivered repository --> Impact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some general questions concerning the SRM-MDM catalog. It would be great if someone could help me:

What impact does it have if I add additional fields/tables to the pre delivered repository of SAP? I mean for example, do I have to recode the Web Service that is used to access the repository (web enabled search) also, or is it possible to maintain it via customizing?

If I don’t want to transfer info records or contract data from ECC5/SRM, which field should be used to maintain price information (when the price comes directly from the vendor file)? Do I have to extend the repository in that case (because I only see the lookup table price information & contract price that include price info)?

How to handle the following “logic” in MDM:

Suppose a catalog of vendor XY has been uploaded successfully. If this vendor sends me tomorrow a catalog where he updates his prices. But the prices are not valid immediately, but only in 2 month for example.

That means how the “web search” recognizes (out of two prices for example) which is the valid one at the moment….

Greetings and thanks for your answers,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

- You do not have to change the web-service if you add tables / fields. You need to change it if you rename your repository. If you add/change masks / named searches, you then need to change the web-service.

- You can use Price Information for prices direct from supplier.

- I think there are many ways to do this. You can set a flag against the relevant records being updated by workflow (e.g. 'Revised' in Item Status) and use a named search that excludes records with this status. When the price is valid you can have it changed (e.g. Published) and this then will qualify the selection criteria of the named search. Works like a filter or Views in CCM.

You need to assign this named serach within your web-service. When you modify this named search / view, you do not need to revise your web-service.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foh,

first of all thanks a lot for your answer.

But one more question. You wrote:

"..If you add/change masks / named searches, you then need to change the web-service...."

How is it possible to "change" or enhance the pre delivered web service from SAP?

I thought that adding masks or named searches is a common task that should be solved with customizing activies.....Do we really have to modify/enhance the standard for this kind of activities?

Greetings and thanks again,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

When I say changing the web-service, it is really the parameter. When you define the call-structure of a web-service, it consists of parameters for server, login information, ports, language, masks, etc.

I would classify this as a config type change. Achievable through customizing act.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Foh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Foh

about the last part of your answer that means if you use a flag on item level with Named search, the record having a price revised is completely not available, but for us it must be available with the old price until new price is approved or validity date of new price is passed

Thanks

RD