cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will RF selection by WO respect queue setting?

clark_min
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I have a question about the RF manual Selection by WO.

e.g.

1. a warehouse order is assigned to queue Q-01-01

2. resource 'ABC' is assigned to resource group 'GRP_01'

3. resource group 'GRP_01' is assign to queue Q-02-02

Can the resource 'ABC' take this warehouse order by RF menu 'Selection by WO'?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Clark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how about trying out?

Other then C K I would say that if a resource manually selects a WO the queue is not considered. The WO must be in a queue, but it does not have to be a queue which is assigned to the resource group for the resource.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

clark_min
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I tried out and the resource can manually take the WO even the assigned resource group does not contain the queue in WO.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Kind Regards,

Clark

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clark,

If we go on manual selection, there will be no control on functionalities like Resource execution constraints and Task interleaving .

C K Reddy

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the queue ' Q-02-02 ' is not assigned to the resource group,it is not possible to work on WO by the resource 'ABC'.

If you try to access the WO, you can get the error as ' no suitable WO s are availble".

C K Reddy

clark_min
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello C K,

I tried and resource can take the WO even the resource group do not contain the WO's queue...Do you know some settings which will affect this?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Clark

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

why should it be restricted?

How does the scenario look like if "a resource selects the WO"? That means you have a stack of papers, which are WOs, with a barcode hopefully on top of the paper. A free resource goes to the stack and takes the first WO which is on top - why should then the system check the queue? The queue assignments are important for the automatic distribrution of tasks to the resources.

The system should check other restrictions, like bin or HU type restrictions which can be assigned to the resource type, but not the queue of the resource group in such a case. But probably there is a BAdI for it...

Brgds

Juergen