Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To find out transactions used by a particular company

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good Day...!!

In our new project, there was no SOD matrix. So management told me to prepare one. My query is that is there is any way to find out how many tcodes are used by a particular client/company? Not all 106420 tcodes are used by any single company. That's for sure.

Is there any way to find out what are the particular tcodes used in a company ? Is there any special tables or programs for that ?

N.B : TSTC is showing the full tcode list used in SAP.

Kindly share your valuable opinions....

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If by "company" you mean "system" then there are a couple of ways.

If you have audit logs enabled (SM19) then you can use SM20 to show you which transactions people have used.

If not, then you can certainly get it from the ST03 workload monitor. If you just want transaction lists then look at the monthly summaries. You'll be able to go back as far as ST03 is configured to keep.

Steve.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steve,

I meant "system" only.

As SM19 is not enabled, i have to depend on ST03N. In ST03N, only 3 months data are available.

I want the full tcode list used in this particular client, say for eg. production.

In STO3N, tcode list is seggregated as user wise. So it is much more a heftier task for me to make a SOD matrix. If i get the full tcode list in a single stretch , it will be easier for me.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ST03N, if you choose the standard transaction profile analysis view you'll get a full list of transactions, not organised by user:

You'll only be able to get it month by month and you'll have to merge the lists together separately in Excel or some other tool. If only 3 months data are recorded, then that's all the data you can get. If the system doesn't recorded it, you can get it afterwards! You can configure ST03N to keep data for longer. I have 12 months worth in my systems...

You could look at the transactions made available to users in their roles, but that only shows you what they could use, not what they have used. And it only shows you the current list, not taking into account any changes.

Steve.

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steve,

//If only 3 months data are recorded, then that's all the data you can get.//  Yes of course.

// You can configure ST03N to keep data for longer.// Can u please tell me what is the process so that i can talk to the management so that i can get more data.

//You could look at the transactions made available to users in their roles, but that only shows you what they could use, not what they have used. And it only shows you the current list, not taking into account any changes.// Thats why i asked.  Taking tcodes from roles and concatenate all the tcodes is a huge task. That's why i asked is there is any special program or table. I searched but i could only found TSTC (Not fulfilling my requirement , hopefully )

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You change the retention periods in ST03N itself, in the "Collector and Performance DB" section. Here's mine:

I think all you can do now is get these retention periods increased and come back to the question later, when you have more data to work with. You might also look at turning on the audit log in SM19. I'm always surprised when people run their production systems without this enabled.

Steve.

Answers (0)