cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface REST adapter

Former Member

I am working on a synchronous REST to ECC scenario.

I am using POST method. The scenario was working perfectly fine with xml. Client said we need JSON as sender and response. I used the Data Format as JSOn and also used Convert to XML option for both input message and output message and now I get this error " InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface"

When I revert back to XML, the scenario is working perfctly fine.

My REST sender CC configuration:

Cheannel Selection tab: I selected specify Endpoitn and gave /CRN/EmployeeNumber

REST Resources tab:

URL Pattern: Custom Pattern

Pattern: /

REST Operation tab

Value Source Manual Value

Static Value POST

Operation Determination tab is not filled

The scenario is working perfectly fine with xml as input and xml as output

It works fine when I use xml as input as JSON as output

I get error only when I use JSON as input

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Did you add the wrapper element in your sender channel, this is your sender message type. PI will check the root node of sender payload with your message type of your interface, if both does not match then you will get above error. When you convert from json to xml generally json does not contain root node but XML always contain root node.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

It's working now. Earlier I took a message from test tab of message mapping, converted it to JSOn and was trying to send it. It didn't work. The root node was there but it was like ns:o infront of message type

Now, I clicked Add Wraper Element

Element Name gave the sender Message Type Name

Elemenet Namespace gave the sender namespace

Then took xml message from the test tab, removed the message type name, then converted it to JSON and tried from POSTMAN and it is now working fine

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor

Midhun,

try removing the SWCV from interface determination /sender agreement and check once.

Br,

Manoj

schneidermarc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone having trouble with Interface Determination and REST sender:

As stated by praveen.kumar49 the Element Name is the killer criteria. If you use external definitions you want to input the name of the root element.

If you use message types you add the Name of the message type. Youalso can check the message mapping in order to get the first element.

The description in SAP Help is not precise enought.

If the format is JSON, the REST adapter can convert it to XML. This is necessary if you wish to do further processing in PI (mapping or routing, for example) based on the message content. Activate Convert to XML. You can also activate the Add Wrapper Element option if the JSON may contain multiple top-level elements. Enter a Name and a Namespace for the wrapper element.