Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO PPDS Optimizer

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

If in APO PPDS for a material in a plant I have several resources and therefore I have several PDS,  and the production orders saturate the capacity of a resource (PDS)

When I execute the optimizer and it detects that a resource (PDS) is saturated the optimizer sends  some production orders to another resource (PDS) to remove the overhead?

If the PPDS Optimizer does not send some production orders to other resource (PDS) what I have to do for it sends some production orders to other resource (PDS)?

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member296874
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arnulfo,

The prioritization of production version is done by maintaining field 'Var. Costs: Single Level' in T.Code: PDS_MAINT

Regards

Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are valid alternate modes in an item's PDS the optimizer should be able to move the orders from one resource to another. Not sure how you have set these up but take a look at the PDS of an item that is moving to an alternate line and check against your other items to see if the data is matching. All valid alternate resources must be selected when running the optimizer in order to be considered for mode switching.

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I know that if in the ERP I have one routing with four alternative sequences in APO I will have one PDS with four modes,  and the optimezer will be able to change planned orders beetwen these four modes.

My question was If I have  several PDS with one mode each PDS,  and the production orders saturate the capacity of a resource (PDS)

When I execute the optimizer and it detects that a resource (PDS) is saturated the optimizer sends  some production orders to another resource (PDS) to remove the overhead?

If the PPDS Optimizer does not send some production orders to other resource (PDS) what I have to do for it sends some production orders to other resource (PDS)?

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Why would you have several PDS's with alternate modes for the same item instead of one PDS with all the other modes underneath? Are the BOMs /recipes different for each PDS ?

Joe

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

The BOMs are different for each PDS

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

Have you verified in the variant for the optimization run that all of these alternate resources were added to allow for the switching ? (/sapapo/cdpsb0)