cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow user Authentication in ECC 6.0 EHP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently users started complaining about slow user authentication. We are facing this issue only in ECC production landscape where it's taking ~15 seconds when in company and ~40 seconds when on VPN or working from remote office.

Whereas ECC project landscape systems are just fine, no delay at all. I looked into STAD to do the comparison & found that there are 490 round trips + high GUI time on ECC production landscape systems Vs 88 round trips + low GUI time on ECC project landscape systems.

I understand that round trips are between GUI and APP server to transfer data. And the reason why there are 490 round trips on production landscape systems because 16 MB data (Terminal out-message) is transferred Vs 2MB data is transferred while authentication takes place on  ECC project landscape systems.

I need your expert advice to know why that much data is transferred  while authentication takes place on  ECC production landscape systems?

Following screenshots for your reference:

Screenshot ECC production landscap:

Screenshot ECC project landscap:

Thanks,

Hardeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have managed to fix the issue myself.

Thanks Yuksel anyways for your response. I can confirm that your note # 380029 is relevant to fixing my issue.

Here is the explanation of root cause and Fix (May be this will help someone else):

We display different picture picture each month on the right hand side of initial logon page. Monthly picture change is only on the Production landscape not on project landscape. Picture of January 2016 was large 14MB approx. which was causing higher number of roundtrips between GUI and App server hence higher GUI time.

Now the size of picture has been taken care of & response time is back to normal (2-3 seconds).

Thanks,

Hardeep

Answers (0)