cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving JDBC adapter parallel proessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have 5 different interfaces using 5 receiving JDBC communication channels (all pointing to one database). We are using PI 7.31 dual stack.

The issue is when we send products and customers in mass from ERP, receiving JDBC adapter takes the messages in FIFO basis and not EOIO basis. e.g. if we have sent 20K products and 10k customers, JDBC first processes all products and later starts with customers.

I have gone through couple of blogs and review the messaging system parameters. Are there any paramters which makes JDBC adapter processing parallel?

Thanks and regards,

Sunil Joyous

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am assuming you triggered the 20K products first, then the 10K customers.

Since the number of products is quite huge at one time, product interface may end up occupying all threads available for JDBC adapter, and the following messages(customer) with the same adapter will have to wait until products get processed.

To avoid this issue, you can set queueParallelism.maxReceivers for the Send queue of JDBC adapter with value less than max threads available, which prevents one interface consuming all threads and other interface pending with the same adapter.

Details for configuring threads per adapter and set max threads(maxReceivers above) per interface can consume, refer part "Parameters relevant for MS Queue tuning" in this blog.

Regards,

Hailong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Hailong, your understanding is correct. I have gone through the blog you have suggested and I had also posted following question in that blog.

If we set paramter queueParallelism.maxReceivers, does it affect all receiving channel? Can we just set it up for JDBC adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Maybe you have already figured out the answer, just to make the conversation complete.

queueParallelism.maxReceivers is applied for the receive queue for all adapters, you can't set it up particularly for JDBC adapter.

And also if you are on at least PI 7.31 SP11, you can configure parallelism on interface level, details check SAP note 1916598 and this material.

Regards,

Hailong.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil.

Refer the below discussion

JDBC Receiver - Muliple parallel connections? | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

This is already in place.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

This is how parallel processing is done.You have any futher queries on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuraman,

The parameters are already maintained but it always works as FICO.