cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8 sp1 prov/deprov/modify has stopped working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Strange behavior! The base install of IDM 8 completed successfully and went through the basic CRUD operations including Pwd reset. Everything worked as expected. Began configuration and testing some jobs. At some point actions from the UI -- pwd reset, enable/disable, role assignment, etc.stopped triggering. The role assignment goes into pending state, no approvals or anything has been configured to block this workflow. Everything worked earlier.

My investigations found the following -- has anyone seen this and how can I fix this:

It appears the script linked to the plugin jobs are "disabled" -- I say this based on the strike across the icon. I find this across all the plug-ins and as they all use same global "sap_core_executeplugin" script I suspect none of the workflows moves forward.

The script tab of the provisioning package lists all the global scripts including this script and it looks fine. The provisioning package has never been checked out.

First is how do I get this script link enabled.

Second is how did the link get disabled in the first place -- root cause.

Thanks much.

Regards,

Ashok Azhagiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

The script is not disabled. These entries refer to scripts either being a local script or a package script.

There can be several reasons on why there is nothing happening anymore.

First of all can you please check the Parameters on the different

PRIV:<Repo>:ONLY

PRIV:SYSTEM:<Repo>

privileges? if certain attributes are set to -1 there, this will override provisioning. Next Thing would be the repositories. Are the prov/deprov/modify tasks still set correctly there?

Concerning the role assignment:

Can you check mxp_Provision table for these entries? It should give you an indication where the process is hanging. (actionID shows the Task the System is waiting for)

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Since everything was working fine before the PRIV:* privileges, the trigger attributes -- MX_ADD_MEMBER etc. were all OK.

I checked the mxp_Provision table and there were some entries in the queue. After clearing the provisioning queue the prov & modify jobs started to kick-off again.

Thanks for clarifying about the scripts -- a bit new to version 8.

When I create a new script in a pkg there is no green circle. After I make the script public the green circle show up. What does the strike across the green circle mean (slightly off topic here)? 

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

Depending on the Location the meaning can be different.

Package scripts:

Only knows the full green dot or None at all.

Full green circle: Script is a public package script

No green circle: Script is a non public package script

Job scripts:

half green circle: local script in the job

half green circle with the strike: package script that is referenced in the Job (script and Job are in the same package, script can be public or not)

full green circle: Public script that is referenced from a different package

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias -- Awesome. Thank you.