Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with message splitter

christian_pichler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a ANSI-X.12 scenario where I need a message split (997 and 850). The problem is that only the 997 message is created but there is no split for the 850 V5010 message. We already have the same message splits running with 850 V4010 and they are working well.

My steps:

1. As the BICMD did not have a See_E2X conversion for ANSI X.12 V5010 messages I created them manually (e.g. for 850):

2. I created the following entry in the Seeburger WB (and a similar one for "Partly Accepted):

The entry seems to be OK:

The header of the 850 message is (xxxxxxx = name of our partner; yyyyyyyyyyyyy = our ID):

ISA*00*          *00*          *ZZ*TST1xxxxxxxTOOL*ZZ*TYROLITGROUP   *151223*0831*|*00501*100000005*0*P*}

GS*PO*TST1xxxxxxx*yyyyyyyyyyyy*20151223*0831*1005*X*005010

3. These are the entries in the MODULE sectof the CC:

4. In RWB I have the following entries:

The content of the functional acknowledgement:

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or which entries I can check in order that the message is recognized by the splitter (message in RWB: "There is no attachment to split. So there is nothing to do.")?

Is it mandatory to use a See_E2X mapping instead of a E2X mapping? For all other configurations we used a See_E2X conversion and not a E2X conversion but the entry in RWB is "...starting conversion with mapping See_AnsiX12" (maybe a static entry).

Thank you in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

It's been a while since my Seeburger days but I'll try to help as best as I can.

As far as I can remember, if the standard See_xxx mappings do not have the a particular X12 format conversion, we need to create them under a separate mapping project.

After you have created them under a separate mapping project, the classifier needs to be "informed" to use the custom main mapping (since you are using AUTO determination). This is controlled by parameter classifierMappingID.

So for example if you set classifierMappingID = XYZ, it will load main mapping AnsiX12_XYZ which should contain your 850v5010 mapping.

If you still have issues, can you share the full BICMD project structure of the custom mapping?

Rgds

Eng Swee

christian_pichler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

thanks a lot for your reply!

I created the mapping in a separate mapping project. We have one mapping project for all mappings delivered by the Seeburger installation (See_E2X and See_X2E mappings) and we have a second one for all other mappings which are not contained in the Seeburger installation and all inhouse format mappings:

The BICMD project structure looks like this:

In case that we can't find a solution with the actual configuration is it possible to create a setup without classifierAttID and mappingName = AUTO? The goal is to create a XML version of the 850 message and to create a 997 message for the customer. At the moment the content of the 997 message (status "rejected") is:

Kind regards,

Christian

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

My memory is a bit foggy on this and I don't have Seeburger on my current system to test it out so you have to bear with me.

If I'm not mistaken, you can skip the classifier and set the mappingName to the exact E2X...850_V5010. However, I think this will only generate the 850 without 997.

If I remember correctly, if you need to have the 997 auto generated, you need to have go the classifier way with a custom main mapping - it is the main mapping that generates the 997 (apart from the 850). The standard one from Seeburger should probably be named See_AnsiX12. Copy this to your custom project and name it AnsiX12_XYZ, where XYZ is an arbitrary name you want, which you also use in the classifier.

Rgds

Eng Swee

christian_pichler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

with your input I was able to solve the problem.

1. In BICMD I renamed the 850 mapping from E2X... to See_E2X...

2. I changed the splitter entries in Seeburger WB from E2X.. to See_E2X...

Now the system created a Full_accepted message which was mapped and forwarded to our ERP and also the 997 message was created but I think it still uses the V4010 version. I will check this again.

Thanks a lot for your input - it was really a great help for me!!!

Kind regards,

Christian

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad that my somewhat foggy answers were of any help at all

christian_pichler
Participant
0 Kudos

Answers (0)