cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time queries to know more about live project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to XI, I have some doubts about real time xi project related activities.

1. Who will be responsible for preparing the minutes of meeting? (XI Developer/Team Lead/senior consultant etc…)

2 In usual Dev->QA->Prod project cycle...

• Where would the Configuration and Version Control come into picture?

• Who is responsible for configuration process of the developed objects?

• How the configuration process would be in real time XI project? Are we needed to use any external configuration/version control tools like VSS etc..?

3. I come across the terms like Legacy Systems, Third Party systems, SAP systems, Non-SAP systems, Web Systems.

In real time project, can you please answer with few names for each type of systems above I had mentioned? I know this depends on landscape of the project. But I would like to know how the names of these systems would be in real time.

Like .. for Legacy systems --> Mainframe/AS-400 etc (Pls correct me,if i am wrong).

These questions could be very basic questions for Experts. Please answer these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Latha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1. Who will be responsible for preparing the minutes of meeting? (XI Developer/Team Lead/senior consultant etc…)</b>

the initiator of the meeting. it is upon agreed terms...may be TL or attimes the XI developer also

<b>* Who is responsible for configuration process of the developed objects?</b>

XI developer

<b>* How the configuration process would be in real time XI project? Are we needed

to use any external configuration/version control tools like VSS etc..?</b>

not req but as a part of quality audits we do maintain the related docs in VSS

<b>3. I come across the terms like Legacy Systems, Third Party systems, SAP

systems, Non-SAP systems, Web Systems. In real time project, can you please answer with few names for each type of systems above I had mentioned? I know this depends on landscape of the project. But I would like to know how the names of these systems would be in real time.</b>

A legacy system is an existing computer system or application program which continues to be used because the user (typically an organization) does not want to replace or redesign it. on this phrase from SAP perpective JDE/ORACLE/EMatrix will be treated as legacy systems. Other system apart from SAP are treated as thrid party systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

Thank you for giving quick reponse. Points awarded.

Shriya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1. Who will be responsible for preparing the minutes of meeting? (XI Developer/Team Lead/senior consultant etc…)</i>

In general , TL will prepare and rest of all seniors will approved/ signed if it is senior level meeting , Offcourse it depends upon the meeting .

<i>2 In usual Dev->QA->Prod project cycle...

• Where would the Configuration and Version Control come into picture?

• Who is responsible for configuration process of the developed objects?

• How the configuration process would be in real time XI project? Are we needed to use any external configuration/version control tools like VSS etc..?</i>

Yes Configuration will be the developer or the senior for interface configuration / basis for SLD configuration

the respective will be the responsible

<i>3. I come across the terms like Legacy Systems, Third Party systems, SAP systems, Non-SAP systems, Web Systems.</i>

It depens upon the project ... dont ask like this type questions .. these are very confidential ...

I hope this is technical forum ..

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Sekhar,

Thanks for your response. Points awarded.

Coming to your response for my 3rd question,.. as I am new to XI, i am intersted to know more about these terms. I thought that, like prabhu answered(in reply to my query).. legacy systems would be like JDE/Oracle etc.. these names will be known to whole world. I am expecting these sort of system names. I also agree with you about the info which is confidential.. should not come in forum.

Thanks

Shriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see the below link for naming convensions , this is general purpose not for real time ,

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004455192006E/NameConventions.pdf

Regards

Chilla