cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'P' icon Missing in Persona 3.0 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have install Persona 3.0 SP2 and applied all notes .But we are not getting  'P' icon while testing from SICF.

Kindly provide solution.

Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Steve: isn't it still the recomendation of SAP to stay on Patch Level 300 ?

My customers problem is, that they are installed SP02, Kernel 7.42 with the highest PL 318 now:

I am able to create new flavor's. But i'am not able to create any scripting. I cann't enter a Script name or record a scripting:

Also when i try to create a theme. Nothing happens - using the theme button to open the theme gallery nothing opens.

And the tiles with the flavor's look strange too.

Do you have any idea - is this because of Kernel PL 318 - or might there be an other reason for that behavior of Personas 3.0 ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thomas

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

your health check is red at two points. Referencing to the Configuration Guide for Screen Personas 3.0 the parameter ztta/diag_area should have a value about 20000000 and em/global_area_mb about 1 GB. Please check if that helps.

Moreover, make sure you implemented all the necessary notes mentioned in Note 2222773, especially for your frontend sources.

Then you can clear mime cache and try again. Kernel version should be fine, i just updatet our system to the same level.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is most likely due to the red lights in the health check. Fix those and come back if you still have a problem...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The current recommended kernel for Personas is actually 318!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Steve,
Morning Christoph,

Thanks for your advice. Now all red lights are gone but i do still have (lots of) problems. Im very familiar with Personas 3.0 SP1 - but with SP2 at my new customer everything looks strange.

For example:

I'm trying to modify SMEN start screen. As you can see i was able to hide the menu tree and the picture. For example: how to add a script button now ?

Scripting:

I was able to record a script:

it executes fine. But how can i change it now ?

Also theme gallery is not open at all...

I have no clou what's the reason for that behavior... 😞

Might it be because of authorization ? Or is it IE ?

Please, if you do have any hint for me, i'm glad to receive any suggestions.

Thx

Tom

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this looks really strange. I'd suggest to check the behaviour in Google Chrome, i made the best experiences here. I personally recommend not to use IE due to several known issues with screen personas and html5 in general.

I just finished the implementation of sp02 in our system and everything looks as expected like i was used to in sp01.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrstoph,

Yes - it seem's to be IE - with Chrome all mentioned problems are gone... !!! I could check via TeamViewer with somebody at customers site who has Chrome installed.

Unfortunately i could not install Chrome on my remote PC (no autho).

I guess it should be marked clearly that Personas 3.0 perform's best with Chrome and which IE version is supported.

Thanks Christoph and Steve !

Regards,

Tom

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

in the installation guide it is mentioned that there are several problems with IE and that Chrome and Firefox work best ;-).

Glad you found the prob!

0 Kudos

hi thomas,

Could you clear your browser cache and also mime cache (personas admin->Clean up tools->clear mime cache)

If this remains, then please report.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the health check in the Personas admin transaction. Are all the lights green? If not, which ones aren't?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for you reply.

everything is green in health check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I'm puzzled. I can't see in your screenshot which Basis service pack you are on. If it is low then there are some extra notes you have to implement to enable Personas. That's the only thing I can think of - everything looks fine. You might have to open an OSS incident about this...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve ,

SAP_BASIS 740: SP 0010.

I have found that webgui is not working after kernel upgrade.

I have reverted kernel 742 300 to 101.

Now 'P' is showing but could not see any output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Personas 3 SP02 won't work with kernel 101. I think I used 300 when it came out and it was OK, but I'm up to 315 now and that certainly works OK. Maybe try 315?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Steave,

Latest level for kernel 742 is 300.

Regarrds,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Can you also check and update your browser. Also check the necessary roles are assigned.

Recommend you to use Firefox or Chrome.

regards,

Vipul Koladia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really am running 315:

and 317 was released on December 29th. I haven't tried 317 yet....

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

for window I can able to 300 level for unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look for the file dw_317...

That's the kernel without many of the extra utilities. You can update that independently of the rest.

Steve.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Look for the Exchanging the kernel section here...

Carifaine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

did you apply the necessary roles to your test user? Without permission you won't get to see the 'P'. The addon comes with three default roles -> /PERSONAS/ADMIN_ROLE, /PERSONAS/EDITOR_ROLE and /PERONAS/CONSUMER_ROLE. I think all of them are allowed to see the 'P'.

You need to generate the role profile once to get the roles working though.

Regards,

Christoph