cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you export a chart as PNG in Lumira?

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

I apologize up front if I have missed this, apparently my Google-fu isn't that strong

But I wonder I it is even possible in the latest version of Lumira 1.29.3 to export a composed visualization as an image.

I haven't quite figured out the logic behind Lumira, that if I would adjust the visualization to go from this

to this

This has to be done in the Composer

But nevertheless, the first chart made in Visualize is "easily" exported as an image by copying it to the clipboard

But how can I export the modified version I made in the Composer as an image, is that even possible?

Another small thing that annoyed me, is that I can't either figure out how to sort the Dimension in a descending order

This option here, only allows the measure to be sorted in descending or ascending order, so it haven't been able for me to sort the Year dimension so 2015 is the first from the top, so if anybody knows how to solve this as well, I am rather interested to know.

Regards

/Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the first question, about about using Snag-It to save it as a .PNG?

On your second question, can you share a screen shot of the data so I can see what you are trying to sort?

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Of course you could use snag, greenshot or something similar to overcome this, but perhaps this is more an request to the SAP Lumira Idea Place, since it should not be necessary to use 3rd party.

It's a little bit up the hill, trying to sell this product, and I have had customers laugh when I show them the tool, and they compare it to others. Imagine when the ask, "so can I export the adjusted graph as an image", and the answer i no - use a screen grabber or export to PDF and convert that file

I know the product is still maturing, and it it probably just a matter of time, before you can export your visualization as an image, or even as a PowerPoint - it's ridiculous how much that feature is requested...

I just still wonder why you can export from Vizualize and not Composer since it is the last one, you can actually modify your chart.

For the sorting of the dimension:

It is the Year dimension (år), that I would have liked in a descending order, so 2015 was on the top and 2011 in the bottom.

It makes perfect sense that measures can be sorted in ascending and descending order, dimensions is a bit more tricky.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas -

My sympathies  on the uphill battle.

I agree, it not easy to sort the year.  However, having attended the "Data Celebrity" SAP webcasts, time should always be on the X-axis (per the visualization experts).

Could you try that and does it sort correctly?  (is it a possibility)?

See below:

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thank you for your input and sympathy

The reason why i had year on the y-axis, was so I could use a diploma svg as bar, and I did not have a diploma svg that was vertical

But even if i switch axis, I am still not able to change the sort order of the dimension.

Can you in your example make 2014 come first before 2013?

We can always have a longer philosophical debate about best practices, but I can't see why it should not be possible to change the sort order of a dimension, even year.
Perhaps this is another one for the SAP Ideas Place.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, perhaps Idea Place is a good idea; link back here and I will vote for it.  I agree.

Yes, I can make 2014 show before 2013, but only when sorting by "total" - but I don't think that will work for you (so sorry) - see below:

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if htis will work for you:

E.g.; in the Visualize room, find the gear on a visualization and select "Copy to Clipboard there(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Verakso
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

This is actually this functionality I think is missing from the Composer room.

Export from the visualization room is no problem, but in order to change colors or as i my case, change the bars in the bar chart to vector images, then all this can only be done in the composer room. And there is no export from there

Regards

/Thomas

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got ya. Like Tammy mentioned, the SAP Idea Place would be a great place for this.

- Ludek

Answers (0)