cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to 7.31 SPS17 from 7.30 SPS12 renders Java inoperative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a major issue with applying this update. Not only does it wipe out all authorizations in the ABAP stack, but it also wipes out all the Exchange profile and connectivity data, there by rendering the system inoperable. It makes the post update task for PI Upgrade EHP fail due to RFC connectivity issues for the PIAFUSER, the exhange profile is unavailable due to RFC connection errrors. The java stack fails to start because the jstart.jvm points to a sapjvm6 directory which does not exist, nor did prior to upgrade. It also looses the SLD connectivity data (there is no local SLD on this system).

I have restored the original system, just to make sure all this was not broken in the first place as this is first attempt on a sandbox system, and confirmed that everything was fine.

The question I have is: Is it worth working on resolving the issues on the upgraded system, or should I attempt a repeat of the upgrade but to SPS16 instead? Are there know issue notes relating to this upgrade for XI? I have not found any as yet.

Regards Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I think it is a good point to migrate to PI 7.31 SP 17 or PI 7.4 SP 13. You can check this note before the upgrade 2240315 - Release Note for Netweaver 7.31 SP17

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos