cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate enclosed during MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I would like to know the feasibility for the following business requirement.

1. Currently in material master data , QM proc.active check box ,  QM control key, certificate type fields are inactive.

2.  Hence in the PO line item the QA control key is blank. PO is released

3.  Now I run MIGO transaction . In MIGO the field 'Certificate enclosed?' is not visible.

4.  Due to this I do not get the PO line in QC55 report.

5.  So now I maintain the Material master and the PO line item with the QM control keys.

6.  Now when I try to create a certificate in QC51 I get an error "No certificate is required for the purchase order item".

Is it possible to avoid this error and create certificate from QC51 after MIGO ?

We can't change the flow as this is the live issue we are facing.

or by any means is it possible to bring the missing entry in QC55 output?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

Please note that the first thing you should have done before creating the PO itself, is to maintain -

a) Add QM inspection type 01 + select 'Active'.

b) Add QM Control Key in Material master QM view.

c) Add Certificate Type in Material master QM view.

d) QM proc.active check box - This indicator acts at 'Client' level and not specific to 'Plant' level. So, beware of it before activating it.

Once the steps a), b) and c) had been selected, and only after that PO was created, then these values form MARC would have been copied to -

EKPO-SSQSS - Control Key for Quality Management in Procurement]

EKPO-ZGTYP - Certificate Type

If so, then you should not received this error message. But these mandatory setup were activated later, just before receiving GR in MIGO. Hence I think you can't really create a certificate in QCPR table using QC51 transaction, even if you cancel the material documents. Please can you test this functionality in DEV/QUA/SBX system by replicating this scenario?

Please note that if this is the first time you are trying to use the functionality of 'QM in Procurement', then there could be one more configuration missing, related to number range for storing the Quality Certificates in QCPR table. Please confirm the same in the below path if this is existing -

Quality Management => QM in Logistics => QM in Procurement => Define Keys for Certificate Processing => Define Number Ranges for Certificate Receipt => Add number range.

Now, once all these things are there, and as Kumar suggested, please change the message mode to 'Warning', for the next examples, you will not get this error.

If this is a PRODUCTION SCENARIO for which a QC needs to be absolutely created, then please plan for the below things - [Please ensure this by testing thoroughly in Quality system]

a) Take business approval to allow ABAP team insert EKPO-SSQSS and EKPO-ZGTYP record for the concerned PO.

b) Transport the missing Number range for creating Quality Certificate.

Then try to create a QC in QC51!! Please note that this is not a recommended process to follow, hence this should be taken as an one time exception and not a practice to follow.

Please try and test this proposal and share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for a detailed reply.

As you have mentioned in the first part, the entire process works fine when the Material master QM is maintained. But for few cases where the material master was not maintained properly, we have this issue.

As mentioned on inserting PO line item with SSQSS, ZGTYP; We tried the same already but after MIGO. So in this case the MIGO did not contain the 'Certificate Enclosed ' data with it.

hence even after maintaining the required fields in PO item , we get error in QC51.

But if we maintain required data before MIGO it works fine.

The issue is the user wants to do this after MIGO.

Is it really possible to do that way?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

I think I already clarified this point above. If the pre-requisites were not set before activating "QM in Proc' but still you have moved on by creating PurOrd, then the QM specific details form Material Master - QM view will not be copied to purchase order specific tables. So, even if you try to create the QC against the same old PurOrd, SAP will not be able to understand if this order is really relevant for QM in procurement or not.

I believe, you have to refer fresh new case to check the working of this process. Or, manually insert a new record in QCPR table with your conditions, which is not advisable. I can't remember if there is any other options available to fix this process miss.

To track this issue for future audit purpose, business can create CAPA or any other notification and close the loop.

I have a concern here. Please can you confirm if such new business process got tested + validated + approved in DEV/QUA/SBX landscape, before moving to and trying it in production. Also, you need to add this new process for QM in procurement in Business Process Mapping List {BPML] with L3/L4 process numbers.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Yeah even I don't want to add an entry to QCPR manually for this.

Currently the business maintains a spreadsheet for the missing items in QC55 report. they wanted to eliminate this.

I will have to get back to them and convey the findings .

Thanks for your time

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the updates Closing the thread.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Logically speaking after MIGO creating a certificate is not valid.It should flow from P.O only so that  user can verify the quality specs at the time of MIGO.

Now i can suggest its better if the stock is not consumed you can reverse those material documents and make a new line item in same P.O and do MIGO.Check the posting dates from MM and FI side while cancelling documents.

Regards,

pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pardhasaradhi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I am aware that creating certificate after MIGO is not right way.

But is there any possibility to bring the PO line to QC55 report after we maintain the Material Master and edit PO line or Is it possible to add certificate by any other way?

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

Change the error message to warning message in the SPRO of control key as shown below, which you are getting during MIGO. once this is done you can create certificate from QC51 after MIGO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Kumar,

Thanks for the reply.

But I am not getting any error in MIGO.

I get an error in QC51 because the master data and PO line item was changed after MIGO. So certificate enclosed was not applicable during MIGO earlier.

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishnavi,

You are correct.

if you still want to create the certificate for the PO, reverse the material document then again do the GR for particular PO.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

Thanks for the reply.

But the business does not want to reverse the document.