Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant automatic determination

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

At my client side i have the following scenario.

I have a material that can be sold out from five different plants (sales offices), so same material is available/extend on 5 different plants.

but i have a single customer who can buy the same material from 5 different plants.

i have created 5 sales document types for 5 different location.

I want when I use the document type Z001 system automatically call the plant 1000

for Z002 plant 2000

for Z003 plant 3000

for Z004 plant 4000

for Z005 plant 5000

so user can not manually input the plant and phipping point at the sales order level.

Looking for the valuable input from gurus.

regards,

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imran Khan,

On what situations customer places the order on different plant.

How user would know, stock is available in which plant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option would be to setup 5 different Products codes for same material and control you plant determination through material master. If orders are entered manually by Customer service team then you can train them to use a specific product code depending on shipping plant. Further to simplify things you can include the 'plant' code in the material description.

sandeep_degave
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I suggest you to go with one Sales document type e.g. Z002 & change the plant manually in the sales order and based on the plant.

You can control users with authorization e.g. user 111001 will be authorized to enter sales order with plant 1111  only.

For tracking who has created sales order you can always check the created by in sales order header or you can refer standard sales report VA05N.

Regards

Sandeep Degave

0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Normally plant is determined in sales order in following manners/order.

1. Customer material info records.

2. Customer Master.

3. Material Master,

You are created different document type for all location is not a proper way. To achieve your requirement you have to implement enhancement with help of ABAPer.

Regards,

Rahul Hande 

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

same material available on the different plant with different value, so i have to extend the same material to all plant.

2ndly tracking the sales office who has created the sales order requirement from client, thats why create 5 different sales document type, even lets for a time being assume this is not the requirement how should i call different plant at the same sales document type ????

i will see the enhancement and will work accordingly, thanks.

regards,

imran khan

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Khan,

Hope you are aware Sales Office is one of the org unit in header data in sales order. And even that is available in input screen of VA01. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to have different sales doc types created to match sales offices.

Thanks, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Having different Shipping Points is an ideal way rather having different document types.  Anyway, you can try with USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi