cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server side caching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to fech thousands of record from functional module to gateway, this leads to performance issue in Gateway so my idea is to implement SQRC and Delta query. I am not able to find the implementation examples.

I feel SQRC or Delta query would be the option to do server side caching or is there any other method where i can achieve this functionality?

Please help me with these requirements.

Thank you and Regards,

Sumanth.B.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

Little more info on what kind of data you would be fetching will help to find the suitable option to get data from back-end.

However i will try to share some points here,

Firstly i would suggest to try to see if there is any room for you to filter out the data when getting from the back end it self based on some filter parameters. So that service would be light with only required result set and response time would be good.

If at all for some reason above is not possible then you can go for limiting the data fetch in the back end itself and return limited data to front end. Then on demand you can get next set of records again in the next service call.

Please have a look ->

Soft State would be used when you want to load larger amount of data in the initial request only. So that already loaded data can be re-used when needed for the next subsequent requests.

I am not aware of the kind of data you would like to fetch with delta query implementation. This would be used to get information of the items which are modified since the last call made.

However you can see the details here ->

Based on the requirement and kind of data you fetch, you can choose the suitable mechanism for the data retrieval.

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

I have a similar requirement as yours.

Request you to please suggest the best way to achieve the requirement and how did it helped in your case.

Regards,

Vijay

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may try using http headers for forcing the caching.

In DPC_EXT method, you can send any response headers. You may try setting corresponding response headers and check if caching works.

HTTP caching | Web Fundamentals - Google Developers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for the inputs.

Let me put it correct, I have a functional module where it has thousands of real time data which is taking 30sec to get the data and I don't have any access to change the functional module.

So my only option is to do caching in the gateway system as specified by the client and I have no idea how it has to be done.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Sumanth.B.S

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was suggesting caching at browser level. That is an option you can consider.

If you want to cache at Gateway level, I think Soft State based query caching will help you.

Soft State Based Query Result Cache - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library