cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer return: Change inspection stock in QM only

0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

User is getting following error during customer return : Message no QA495 Change the inspection stock of material in QM only.

I have not maintained any inspection type of sale return in that material, only 04 inspection type is maintained for the material.

And i have also deactivated quality inspection for movement type 655.

We do not require quality inspection during sales return.

Kindly guide me where and what config or process I am missing because of which i am getting the above error.

Thanks & regards,

Shiv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you using mvmt 655 if you don't need quality inspection? You should rather use mvmt 653 which will post the stock into unrestricted use. Or, go for 651 if you need to post the quantity into blocked stock. 

Deactivating inspection for mvmt 655 will only prevent the inspection lot generation which further is dependent on inspection type activation.

There is no point of using 655 if inspection lots are not required. However, as a best practice, returned material must be taken into QI and released only after inspection.

NJ

0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin & Prem for your valuable inputs, closing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configure the movement 651 for customer return. The movement 655 is customer return to Quality stock. this is why you are getting the error.

As you mentioned, there's no Quality inspection for returns, the config should be 651 movement, which will receive the stock to "returns" category.

Thanks

Prem

0 Kudos

Thanks Prem for your prompt reply,

But I have marked 655 movement type as QM not active in spro - Quality management - Quality inspection - Inspection Lot Creation - Inspection for goods movement - Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type.

So i dont think 655 should be a problem.

Please correct me if I missed out something.

Thanks & regards,

Shiv.