cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 15 NC logging max 1024 characters (Message 12032)

kalmerkand
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Through web messaging we try to send NC CODE and comment that is longer then 1024 we get error "Value is too long (11439 > 1024) (Message 12032).

We have created also custom data field named COMMENT and yes that field lenght is 1024. But Error comes also when we try to send comment to NCDATA table.

BR,
Kalmer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Kalmer,

As far as I know the NVCHAR(MAX) size equals to 4000 charachters. As long as you get the error 'Value us too long (11439 > 1024)' , I am not positive it is thrown against NC_DATA.COMMENTS field.

Could you share the request you send?

Br, Alex.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kalmer,

What database are you using? The predefined data field is called COMMENTS not COMMENT.

Are you using createNC PAPI?

If so, make sure you are using the comments field and not a user defined field in the customValue section where you can specify any fieldName as these are limited to 1024.

Regards,

Andrew.

kalmerkand
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are using MSSQL database and yes field is NC_DATA.COMMENTS nvarchar(max);

NC_CUSTOM_DATA.DATA_ATTR nvarchar(1024);

And we have set NC_CUSTOM_DATA.DATA_FIELD as "COMMENTS" also.

But we are trying to send comments against NC_DATA.COMMENTS column.

We are running webservice against: http://<servername>:<port>/manufacturing-services/ProductionServiceService?wsdl

I attached request what we are sending.

0 Kudos

I was able to replicate the error in ME 15.0.3. Indeed, the system accepts a string not longer than 1024 charachters only. I think it is a bug and it should accept more as the column defined in the database as NVCHAR(MAX).

Please, open a support incident.

Br, Alex.