Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding performance when import is stated in MDM

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a performance issue when import process is happening and this we are observing very recently . There have been minor changes at the tableslevel data in sap MDM and no setting have been changed in mds or mdis or mdss , So I was wondering are there any particular methods that I can check why this issue has arrived.

P.S:When the data starts to import the response time in the Net weaver Administrator seems to be increasing drastically and the pages doesn't seem to load.

Kindly let me know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Kaushik G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul/Arun,

Considering your suggestions, will get back to you once i find some-thing. Thanks for your timely response.

P.S: around 500 chunks or products gets updated and we see the syndication and import happening at the same time, can you guys tell me how to schedule the import and syndication at a particular time of the day (Not like a Parallel jobs running simultaneously ) , like a business non-peak hour as for the time being it would solve the issue until i find a permanent fix!!

Regards,

Kaushik G

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

Refer below thread

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Damn spot-on!! It worked,

Cheers mate!!

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent!! Glad it worked!!

Regards

Arun Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I am new to MDM and trying to learn from SCN forums. So bear with me if I am posting something incorrect.

Are you trying to import(from Excel) in SAP MDM Data Manager or using Import Manager.

Whats the exact version of MDM(Including Service pack) which you are using?

Not sure if below SAP Note will help you

1585178:MDM Import server (MDIS) runs slower than Import Manager

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your early response ,this did not help (we had already gone through it)Our problem is when we are doing import the performance drastically decreases. Was wondering how to prevent the performance deterioration.

Thanks & Regards,

Kaushik G

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kaushik,

I hope you have referred the below links

Certain performance related parameters are mentioned. You might give a check

1) Are you using Import Manager(What is the size per import)

2) Is your syndication server running while the import process is going on

3) Have you scheduled the import process during user operation time

Regards

Arun Sasi

former_member196156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Just check whether you have enable "Sort Index" for the matching field, In-case the sort index is not enable for the matching field then the Import process will be slow and while bulk load the repository will be start to not respond.

regards,

rahul