cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use HCP IoT Services on on-premise HANA XS system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to IoT and working on using HCP IoT services.

I have started a JAVA application iotmms successfully and able to send and receive messages through HTTP connection.

The underlying datasource is now changed to trial instance of HANA XS (shared) which is by default appearing in the drop down list of Data Source Bindings tab.

My question is how can I make my on-premise HANA XS system as the datasource for this java application?

I only see below options which are either trial or shared versions available on HCP.

Moreover, when I go to Datasource Binding of JAVA application iotmms, I do not see any option even there.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Megha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Megha,

on HCP Trial you can create a "HANA Trial Instance" in your HCP Cockpit under "HANA Instances" menu. Afterwards you may bind your IoT MMS instance to that HANA XS data source. For productive usecase you would need a dedicated HANA Instance of course.

More details on how to do that you could find in IoT Starter Kit example https://github.com/SAP/iot-starterkit/tree/master/src/apps/xs/consumption

Regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already followed Instructions provided in shared link, given privileges to trial user and now able to query on OData service pulling data from HANA XS Trial Instance.

My question is, if I want to connect SAP HCP Cockpit (trial user) to my client's HANA server NOT Trial XS instance and query that, is it possible? If yes, what are the steps to do so?

Thanks again and looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Megha

anton_levin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

I think connecting a dedicated (non trial) XS Instance to your HCP Trial account is not possible. You would need a HCP Factory (productive) account for that on https://account.hana.ondemand.com

Regards,

Anton

Answers (0)