cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance: Error while activating Rules based workflow - Decision Table: DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01

kamathp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring MDG for Materials freshly on ECC 6.0 following the instructions as mentioned in the SAP guide http://help.sap.com/erp_mdg_addon61/helpdata/en/5b/362c74ba324597ace35c6422370afe/content.htm

Except the Rule Based workflow,  I got everything setup correctly, provide all authorization/roles, even able to create the change request to create new material and submit.

To configure the Rule Based Workflow, I went via tcode: USMD_SSW_RULE,  Type of change request: MAT1. Under the DECISION TABLE - Single Value Decision Table - I entered the below 3 rows and when I activate it I get these messages:

Errors:

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Result data object has a nested table, which is not supported (Detail)

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Part of the result data object has the same ID like a condition column (Detail)

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Part of the result data object has the same name like a condition column (Detail)

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Columns must be adapted to change of result data object S_SINGLE_VALUE Display Related Object (Detail)

And below warnings:-

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Next message refers to column New Chng. Req. Step (Detail)

NEW_STEP (Data Object) : Domain values may not be unique (see value table USMD202C_SSW in DDIC) (Detail)

DT_SINGLE_VAL_MAT01 (Expression) : Next message refers to column CR Previous Step (Detail)

PREVIOUS_STEP (Data Object) : Domain values may not be unique (see value table USMD202C_SSW in DDIC) (Detail)

CR_REASON (Data Object) : Domain values may not be unique (see value table USMD211C in DDIC) (Detail)

PARENT_STEP (Data Object) : Domain values may not be unique (see value table USMD202C_SSW in DDIC) (Detail)

I am not able to proceed from this and did as much research on Google to find any clue but no luck. Appreciate if someone could help.

(Error screenshot attached)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything else in your table if you scroll to the right?

Also, take a look at this document for how to fill this table. It might help:

The solution might be as easy as deleting the whole table and creating it again.

kamathp
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and pointer to the document. I will read that tonite and see if I can troubleshoot this mystery.

To your question about scrolling to right  -  No, there is no more columns.

Yesterday while I was following the guide to manually enter the values (very first time), I removed the optional the entries and kept only the 5 columns via Table Settings  just to ease my manual entry. -. I am not sure is this caused this issue!

But later today I tried to add all other columns back as per the Previous Active Version ...and tried activating again....get same error...now it shows 25 errors!

Do you think I messed up something? Is there a remedy to reset this Rule setup or Decision tables for MAT01 completely so that these errors goes away. Otherwise, no matter I do anything..these errors keep popping!!

kamathp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah, Your document was very helpful. It guided me to apply right rules/steps etc.

To solve those errors, somehow I deleted ALL the entries in condition table, activated again, and manually added input and result table entries...and those errors disappeared!!

Now I am able to execute the change and workflow is working!

Thanks!

Answers (0)