Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File polled repeatedly.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Part 1: Will use the script to concatenate the multiple files into one file. Then moves all files to directory

Part 2: Will activate the SAP PI channels once started, which in turn picks the files from BI and pushes them to end client location

Part 3: will stop PI from polling, effectively turning it off (this is the one that failed)

So I assume that since the 3rd piece failed, it allowed the polling to continue and the fileabc.txt file was sent repeatedly until turned off the channels. Is there a way in that 3rd step to check if the communication was successful and if not to try again and again until it is? Secondly, any idea what caused the communication error to occur?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

As Hareesh suggested your using Processing mode as "Test" which is not deleting the file and causing the same file to be processed again.

You can try archive or delete or if any other job is deleting the file and the channel needs to be started on particular time ATP also can be configured.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh/Raghuraman,

I am using AS2 adapter at the receive side, so am not sure how to check the processing mode. any help on the same?

Thank you.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You need to check the processing mode on sender file channel not on receiver , as  above mentioned change that to delete or archival.

Br,

Manoj

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender side is already in Archive mode.any more help?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

If its in Archive mode then the source file will be autmotically removed.

You can try ATP if you wihs to start the channel at some intervals.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

What is that ATP? can you give me more information on that?

Thanks.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay its availabity time planning.

you can start/stop the channel based on intervals

Planning Availability Times - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

use a different name for file result of part 1:

Part 1: Will use the script to concatenate the multiple files into one file. Then moves all files to director

something like myFileConcatenated.cnc

then in channel use this as a source

if you like to archive be sure to use different folder to move the file.

Be sure to:

Use processing mode: Archiving

Archive directory a different one, may be using at the end processed

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You mentioned that you have set the mode to Archive. Did you actually check on the Archive folder whether the file has been moved to the Archive location?

Thnx    

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no I don't have access to that location. why will that make any difference?

Thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nevermind Vijay, I thought if the files couldn't able to archive then this could be an issue. But I tested it , if it can't able to archive then no messages will come into PI as well. Just checked it quickly.. Sorry about that.

Thx.     

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its ok...no issues Justin.....

any more suggestions? tried all the ways...but still the file is polled repeatedly.:(

Thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Let me start it from the scratch.

What is your end to end scenario? You have mentioned Part 1 - Part 3 . Who is doing Part1 ? Who is activating Part2 and Stopping the channel in Part 3?

Part 1: Will use the script to concatenate the multiple files into one file. Then moves all files to director

Part 2: Will activate the SAP PI channels once started, which in turn picks the files from BI and pushes them to end client location

Part 3: will stop PI from polling, effectively turning it off (this is the one that failed)

Thank you!

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am new to this project, they said to analyze why the file polled repeatedly and how to avoid it in future? so to your answer somebody from client side they are starting and stopping the channels in particular intervals of time period and when they do it, the same file getting polled again and again...

Thank you.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you put the screenshot of Sender channel?

Thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

In archive mode once the file is picked and processed it will be deleted from the source directory and moved to archive directory.

Tell your client to check the below points

1.Once they start the channel, tell them to check whether the file in the source directory is moved from source to Archive directory.

2.By mistake are the placing the file with the same name and content again.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the processing mode for that channel? if it is test then please change it to archive or delete.

Open communication channel and go to processing tab to verify the setting.