Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use filter option in initial load for huge tables

former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are replicating from ECC to HANA with LTRS only initial load.

I encountered some problems, would need your expertise on this.

• How we can use filter/selection criteria in table. example: KNB1, I want to send only for 5 company codes?
  • How we can change the target table name. like KNB1 should go to ZKNB1?
  • Can we use same DB user for replication to different schemas in same database?
  • How we can handle VBAP, BSEG like huge tables.

Regards

Brillion

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we can use filter/selection criteria in table. example: KNB1, I want to send only for 5 company codes?

• If you only need for 5 company codes, then you can define the filter values in SLT for Init load.
  • When replicating you can either set filter on the trigger code directly or make the filter in SLT in an ABAP program.

How we can handle VBAP, BSEG like huge tables.

• Very large tables will work, you just have to use parallel load.
  • SLT can normally replicate around 4 million records per hour per table (by default, also stated by SAP). If you generate more records per hour you have to run in parallel.
former_member252769
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Leo for the reply.

I am able to replicate the data with parallel approach and also through filtering (without parallel).

But getting issues when using filtering approach with different selection criteria. And also not able to use filtering and parallel approach together.

Please can you help on below scenario (filtering -  multiple selection criteria):

I am filtering MARA data with selection criteria

Select * from MARA where (MTART = 'UNBW' OR MTART = 'VERP') AND (SPART = '00')

I made entry in DMC_ACSPL_SELECT table as

But job is going into error "Batch job for access plan calculation in sender system ended with errors"

And in source system, the short dump is specifying error for dynamic selection criteria.

Looks like there is something wrong in my selection criteria (DMC_ACSPL_SELECT).

- Please can you point me where I am wrong here.

- Also, when I am using parallel approach even with 1 filter option, the complete data is getting loaded without any filter. I tried the method shared by Tobias and Mahesh but no success. Any thought on this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think your issue is in the gating operator, according to the post below, you AND must be removed. See example 3.

Answers (0)