cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer requirement didn't create for 262 movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using MF41 to cancel document but IM movement 262 isn't creating a transfer requirement, I see some questions already asked but I couldn't find answer to my issue. I'd welcome your input.

The initial posting with MFBF use 261 movement, this uses WM movement 961 and TR creation marked with 'X', which works OK, that the 261 posting creates a TR and an automatic TO, as configured in OMLR.

However, the cancellation with mvt 262 doesn't create a TR, although in OMLR the 262 movement is marked with 'X' to create TR, and also linked to WM movement type 962. The cancellation posting (in MSEG) shows that 962 WM movement type is assigned to the item, but there is no TR.

For this item, we have control cycle set up as below

Any suggestions how to create TR?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aziz,

I believe you might have entered some Source Storage type in the WM Movement type 962 Configuration in the below path:

LE --> WM --> Activities --> Transfers --> Define Movement types.

And this could be contradicting with the other settings like you are trying to receive to storage type 914...etc.

So remove either of setting. If Possible please share the screen of the Movement type 962.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, you're reight that the movement type had the source storage type, but removing this didn't make any difference. Like Kalmlakar said, the material staging indicator is zero, which means no WM, but somehow it works during 261 posting, but not 262. This is what I had in the TO setting in customising.

The reversal still doesn't create TR -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you saying that for this material for 261 movement type you got TR?

Could you share screenshot of that TR and material document?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
- yes it works for 261, and the TO from TR processes is correctly, as defined in the IMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this for same material number?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as shown the screenshots.

Cheers

Aziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks strange, can you provide configuration screenshots for both 961 and 962, that may give some clue.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As below.

Thanks

Aziz

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to add a line to assignment movement type MM-IM customizing without Special Movement Indicator. I guess since you don't select special movement indicator while creating material document, TR is not created.

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alper, however this will not resolve it because we need the special movement indicator utilised as such movements are relevant for a number of materials that are marked with the special indicator in the material master.

As I noted above, the transfer requirement create is actually set to "x" correctly when the determination of this takes place, only afterwards it is removed inside L_BIN_DETERMINE because it is checking the staging area indicator from the control cycle.

I don't have enough expertise in the PP to decide what the setting should be, as I said if the control cycle staging area indicator is "0", then the consumption works ok, but not the reversal. Changing it t something else, the consumption TR/TO doesn't work, but the reversal does.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you mentioned your debug analysis and as mentioned system checks for Staging Indicator and if it is 0 then it is not creating TR/TO.

If you check the description of standing indicator 0'

"

• "0": Not relevant to WM-PP
  • These materials are not relevant to WM staging. They cannot be requested using the WM system.
  • "

So, that may be reason system is not creating any TR, instead it is putting material in 914 storage type which must have been specified in 962 movement type configuration.

I never tried staging indicator '0' with reversal (262), but I know during stating for production order if staging indicator then such material can not be staged.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update on this - in debug I see the TR requirement (TBFKZ) create is set to X so it is determining it correctly from T321, but then for the cancellations (262) when FM L_BIN_DETERMINE is called, it is checking the control cycle staging area entry (BERKZ) because it has value "0" (zero), then by calling SONDERLOCKE_PLATZ_PP it is removing the TR create indicator.  

The check of BERKZ field is not used during the 261 posting, so the TR create followed by TO create is working fine for such movement, but when 262 is posted BERKZ field entry is stopping the TR creation. If any other staging area value is maintained in the control cycle, then the creation of TR/TO for 261 doesn't work. Our objective is to create transfer orders for post stock via interim 914 for both consumption and reversals.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Please define 962 movement in REM profile in PP node of IMG.

Saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saikat -but your suggestion here is about IM movements, I am ok with those, the issue is creating a TR from the cancellation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

In your process you are carrying out repetitive Manufacturing (REM for production and MFBF/MF42n is exclusively for that) ,then comes WM ,so REM profile needs updation

saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

Thank you for the response. LB01 works ok. I maintain the values (requirement F, then the number, movement 962. In the item screen I enter Sloc, material, batch and qty and at save it works fine. However, in manual create there is no mat doc number or the IM movement.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Regards

Aziz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can you be certain that the selected entry is the one that is used by SAP and did not consider the TR settings?

Your OMLR screenshot is just a part, there are many more entries for 262 in my system for a certain warehouse,  and if a particular entry is not found per warehouse, then you have to check in the SAP given entries for warehouse ***

Do all the entries in table T321   which have  262 in field RBLVS have a X in field TBFKZ ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because it finds 962 WM movement type during the posting, but I see your point that maybe during the TR creation check it may be looking for a different combination? This is all the 262 movements in my system.

Is it worth checking marking the others TBFKZ with X to try it? Because it found 962 wm movement, I was also focusing on TR creation, on the same line

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there are really only 2 records with the 962 WM movement  then I don't that you need to add X to any other.

But you may want to check if you have OSS note 1443716 - Goods movement reversal does not create transfer requirement  implemented in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen - I'd missed this note, I have applied it with some excitement, but to my disappointment it still hasn't resolved the issue.

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

Could you please try to create this TR manually via LB01 and check what is the error which has been raised by the system?  so that, it would provide the more clear understanding whether any customization is missing, etc..

Thanks,
Balaji