cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value "BI RUNTIME SERVICE" for variable "E2E Metric Type Variable (multiple values)" is invalid.

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm getting the above message when trying to run Workload Analysis against our java stacks.  I've read sap note 1259534 - No data for "BI Application" in E2E Workload Analysis and applied the latest config file from 1259109 - Latest version of configuration file for E2E CA, EA, WA but the error remains.  Strangely when looking at the config after uploading the newer one (http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/e2ewa_cfg) , it remains the same when you export it and compare with the old one!  It's almost as though the new on doesn't get applied.

Also when viewing IntroScope to check the data exists as per the Screenshot attached to note 1259534, I don't have the same entries.

Screenshot shows the path as

Metric path: SAP J2EE|BI|com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.services.BIRuntimeService| handleRequest:Average Response Time (ms)

But I don't have SAP J2EE|BI entry mine is SAP BI|BICS with no sign of com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.services.BIRuntimeService any where.

I've looked at the masterdata data for InfoObject 0SMD_METY (Metric Type) and there is no entry for BI RUNTIME SERVICE anyway.

Any ideas what I need to be doing instead?

Oh and I'm running Solman 7.1 SPS14.

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For those that experience the same issue, I've just discovered how to get the com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.jsp.portal.services.BIRuntimeService showing in IntroScope.  Basically, I ran a query in the portal and it showed up automatically.

I've yet to get that BI RUNTIME SERVICE value yet mind!

Cheers

Craig

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK I am now getting BI RUNTIME SERVICE but only for 1 system!  The other 2 are not showing any values.  Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Craig