Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields CUAN_IMPORT_SRV

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello!

We want to use one of custom fields available for contacts. It is quite simple how that is possible when data is uploaded from a csv file. But how to enhance CUAN_IMPORT_SRV to use BOOLEAN1 field from available data structure?

Anyhow, what is the way how to provide data about contacts / interactions or other entities using service CUAN_IMPORT_SRV?

Thanks in advance,

Maris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the fields in the ROOT tables are not exposed in the OData. You can try adding new fields (unused in standard) to the OData in SEGW. You can bring in a lot more fields to the standard OData from there.

0 Kudos

Maris, Were you able to find any solution to it ?

I'm working on similar scenario. Appreciate you help here.

Thanks, Brijesh

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Brijesh,

what I found that you have to add a custom field in "Import data" sub work-set first and then you need to open a metadata for the import service, which is <host>/sap/opu/odata/sap/CUAN_IMPORT_SRV/$metadata.

Field will appear there and can be used from that moment with the service.

Regards,

Maris

0 Kudos

Thanks !! Maris, for the promot reply.

In addition, Just wanted to validate my understanding here.

I'm working on importing contacts and there are custome fields as well.

follwoing would be required for importing contact with custom filed :

From table prespective

As it is adviced in the inbound unterface guide to use include INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IC_ROOT for any custom field.

Once fields are included then transaction HPA_CLEAR_BUFFERS needs to be executed

Data integration prespective

add custom filed in 0Data as mentiond above & code.

Call the service to import data .

Thanks, Brijesh

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are planning to use already existing custom fields provided by SAP, you don't need to do anything else except steps I mentioned earlier.

Maris

0 Kudos

Great !.. but my custom field list is quite big and thus have to use Include.

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks, Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I used INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_IC. I see my custom fields in the section "Contacts" (using odata and a Chrome app).

<EntityType Name="Contact" sap:content-version="1">

<Key>

<PropertyRef Name="Id"/>

<PropertyRef Name="IdOrigin"/>

</Key>

<Property Name="Id" Type="Edm.String" Nullable="false" MaxLength="100" sap:label="Testo"/>

<Property Name="IdOrigin" Type="Edm.String" Nullable="false" MaxLength="20" sap:label="OrigineContatto"/>

<Property Name="C1" Type="Edm.String" MaxLength="10" sap:is-extension-field="true"/>

<Property Name="C2" Type="Edm.String" MaxLength="10" sap:is-extension-field="true"/>

<Property Name="C3" Type="Edm.String" MaxLength="10" sap:is-extension-field="true"/>

BUT what about I want to add custom fields ONLY to the interactions entity type? Which INCLUDE should I use?

Thanks

Cristina

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

try INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_ROOT in structure CUAN_S_CE_IA_RT_D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IC_ROOT -> To enhance Contact root (CUAND_CE_IC_ROOT) alone

INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_IC -> This enhances CUAND_CE_IC_ROOT as well as CUAND_CE_IA_RT (Interactions root)

INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_ROOT -> This enhances CUAND_CE_IA_RT alone

INCL_EEW_CUAN_PRODUCT_ROOT -> This enhances CUAND_PROD_ROOT

INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_PRODUCT -> This enahnces the Product - Interactions link table (CUAND_CE_IA_PROD)

Hope this helps ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works! I can see the new fields in the xml of the odata get request.. but what about if I need to show them in segmentation workset?

As regards the custom fields for the contacts, I changed the view CA_C_CONTACT_INTERACTIONS (related to consumers B2B e B2C).. but there CUAN_CE_IA_RT is not joined here and thus I can't show new fields!

0 Kudos

Would advise you bottom up approach. Take a note of the tables used in the segmentation view.

Then accordingly add fields in the extension.

BTW How are you loading data into ymkt ? are you using any middleware ?

Thanks, Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are uploading data using some scripting (pyhton and curl).

Only table CUAN_CE_IC_ROOT is in that segmentation view, but the data added to that include are also shown in the contacts facet and I do not want that!

0 Kudos

why don't you create a custom view and join IC_ROOT table with CUAN_CE_IC_ROOT ?

Isn't this solve your purpose ?

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maris,

The structure CUAN_S_CE_IC_EXT_FAFL is used for interaction contacts in SAP hybris Marketing.

If you want to use customer specific attributes, you can add;

• For interaction contacts, using INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IC_ROOT include,,
  • For interaction contacts and interactions, using CUAN_E_CE_IC_RT include.

If you want to add master data to the interaction contact via interaction, you can use INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_IC include.

Normally, attributes added to these includes are taken into consideration automatically.

You can find more infomation in official inbound interface guide: https://goo.gl/AF6oPQ

I hope this helps

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hakan,

I want to use field BOOLEAN1, which is already defined in the structure, but unfortunately it is not defined in the CUAN_IMPORT_SRV metadata structure. If I make a JSON call using this field, SAP gateway replies with error, that this field is not defined.

There must be something more that structure definition in SE11, but I cannot find it in any of guides provided.

Regards,

Maris

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hİ Maris,

In the document I referenced, there's a section about additional details:

Additional Fields

Within the structures on which the entity types of the OData service are based (see Structure of OData Service CUAN_IMPORT_SRV [page 18]), you find fields with unspecified names. If you want to use these fields, for example because the available fields with specified names do not meet your requirements, you must ensure that the required additional fields are added in the Import workset of Data Management on the user interface of SAP hybris Marketing.

Does it make sense for you? It appears to me it's addressing the business requirement you have...

SauMaris
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hakan,

I saw that in the documentation, but as you can see yourself, in the OData structure, there aren't fields with unspecified names.

Even in metadata.xml, which is generated from OData service URI, none of fields with unspecified names are listed

Maris

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Maris,

I can't check out metadata myself at the moment, so I can say I just want to help you out theoretically but I'm bound to say that's really weird! Because in official document, it says there are fields with unspesified names.

I guess I can't assist you any further