cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to perform mass Wily Agent update ?

former_member319583
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to perform a 'mass' update of the Wily Byte Code Adapter ?

Thanks,

Aidan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

No, currently you must re-run your Managed system configuration - Byte Code Adapter installation for any JAVA systems you need to update.

Ensure you update the ISAgent (Byte Code Adapter) on the Solution Manager System first.

Good luck.

regards

Andy

former_member319583
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You are sadly confirming what I was thinking... By saying 'currently' do you imply that this feature could possibly become reality any time soon 🙂 ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, I am just as curious as you are!
Let me know if you find out!

On a serious note, I think it could be possible, but due to the fact that the wizard needs input from us regarding if the system is HA or not, I think this holds it back due to manually typing O/S level file directories etc...

Regards,

Andy

former_member319583
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I reckon it shouln't be too dificult to build a way to perform this in a mass way. The wizard has all the info it requires. It knows if the HA option is used, as when you perform it manually it doesn't ask anything.

I'll see if we can setup something 🙂

Will come back if I have news,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aidan,

As far as I know, this is not possible.

The steps are described in the following note:

2068401 - How to update the ISAgent (Byte Code Adapter) - Solution Manager 7.10

But in summary, at the second part of the upgrade, you'll need to run some activities for each managed system because each system has slightly different configuration sets and procedures, thus the process needs to be performed individually.

kin dregards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aidan,

Just to add some more information. There is an option to automate steps of the managed system configuration in some situations but I'm not very familiar with this functionality, so I'm not sure if this would work for updating the byte code adapter.

You can find it at solman_setup -> Managed system configuration -> Select the systems -> Advanced options -> Automation option.

I hope this helps you.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can deploy applications (the Wily .war) to all your agents, at once. Use agent Admin (you can navigate to it from Managed Systems Configuration, Step 4, Agent Assignment - for any of your systems) --> Select Applications Management Tab --> Select the Application you would like to deploy --> use the option button 'Deploy on All Agents'

Regards,

Niranjan

former_member319583
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

@

I've also heard of this functionnality, but unfortunatelly our system isn't on SPS12. Moreover, haven't seen automation of Wily bytecode agent update in the doc.

@ Niranjan Bandi

I'm not sure that your proposition is what I'm looking for. I'm talking of mass deploying the Byte Code Adapter (the one that is loaded into the managed system Java stack). This step is in Managed System Configuration, Step 7, "Byte Code Adapter Installation"

Thanks,

Aidan