Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on view table ACDOCT

j_swaminathan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

While exploring reports in Simple Finance, tried to create a Report Painter Report using Totals table 'ACDOCT'. However unlike GLT0, FAGLFLEXT or Special Purpose Ledger Summary table, this is not a transparent table but a DDL SQL View. As the library has the table ACDOCT already listed, I tested the functionality by creating a report group and report. For Leading Ledger 0L the data seems to work well and the summarized values are very much in sync with ACDOCA (Universal Journal Line items) table. However for other Standard or Appendix Ledger the values in these two tables are not matching. Also the report only displays values for 0L ledger and not for the rest. I could not locate any document on the specific usage of ACDOCT table. The limitations of DDL SQL View is available when we go to SE11 and query this table.

Apart for Report Painter library, table ACDOCT also finds a place in another node. Refer to navigation below. Hence we can presume there is certainly some amount of utility for this summary table.

Navigation Path: Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) > Ledgers > Fields > Customer Fields > Master data check.

As the report painter seems to work pretty well for 0L ledger, guess, we can create  some useful reports very quickly. To reap the benefits of extracts form this table, would appreciate if any one who has also tried this functionality could share their knowledge.

Thanks,

Swami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swami,

I checked the issue and I can see data flowing from Appendix ledger / Parallel ledger to ACDOCT table.

However you must see that it is a DDL compatibility view and not a total table like FAGLFLEXT used to be.

So I would suggest you should try to ACDOCA table for your report.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

j_swaminathan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rishab,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I did mention that the values in ACDOCT and ACDOCA are not in sync when it comes to Appendix or other Standard Ledger (except Leading Ledger 0L).  Understand the limitations of DDL SQL view. However, in  Report Painter Library only ACDOCT is permitted and not ACDOCA as it is line item based.

Let me give a little more background to my query.

The idea of creating a report with ACDOCT was to see if we can combine both Leading Ledger '0L' and an Appendix Ledger in one statement. I could not see any standard report that would combine these two ledgers and output them as a single report. Hence I was trying to explore an option via Report Painter. From this perspective could not succeed. Hope there must be some other report options available to combine two ledgers at summary level.

Thanks,

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swani,

I kinda get what you are trying to do

Couple of points:-

1) Appendix ledger will only have additional posting which are specifically made in Appendix ledger

For rest of the entries will be derived from the main / 0L ledger ( if your appendix ledger is derived from 0L)

So when you go to totals table you will only see value for specific entries made to Appendix ledger.

I think that is the reason for difference.

2) For getting a details on merged report.

I still dont think totals table is way to go,

If you want to report data based on appendix ledger, you simply try to get report based on that ledger as that has details of delta entries + entries in main ledger.

Hope this helps, or I would still not got what you are doing

Regards

Rishab

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rishab is correct, when you want to execute/create report for appendix ledger, you have to combine appendix ledger & base ledger of appendix ledger. Also, if leading ledger is base ledger for the appendix ledger, then you will have details of leading+appendix when you execute any standard report. If leading ledger is not base ledger for your appendix ledger, then you can create an appendix ledger at any time. Regards Murali. N

j_swaminathan2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Rishab Is ACDOCT still relevant for Report