Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment and inbound delivery

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have a scenario where PO is created in one system 1 and related to this PO, a Sales orders is created in another system 2. System 2 creates an outbound shipment and notifies external warehouse. That external warehouse people ship the physical goods to system 1. When the goods arrive at system 1 they post GR for PO. Now, we want to do some process improvements. Can we:

1. Create in inbound delivery in system 1 as soon as shipment is created in System 2  ? if yes, how ? What will be the output types and idoc types involved. Both at system 1 and system 2.

2. If 1 can be achieved, how can we configure the system to post GR automatically wrt Inbound delivery created ?

3. create an inbound shipment in system 1 automatically when outbound shipment is created in system 2? What would be the configuration and modification ?

4. Modify the shipment program in system 2 to directly post GR in system 1, while creation?

Please your suggestions on what would be the best approach to do this ? and steps, configuration , exits will be welcomed.

Regards,

Vivek

--

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor

It is not right clear what you want achieve with this scenario, you may explain the background in more detail.

Why should a goods receipt be posted automatically in the customers system? Is there no goods receipt control done? what if the goods never arrive? How do you plan to control that if an action in the vendors systems automatically posts inventory in the customers system?

I feel your client has 2 different SAP systems and you want implement a kind of a one-step STO between those 2 systems.

I don't think this scenario is so common that SAP has a ready-made solution

A part can certainly be done with shipment notifications by EDI Inbound EDI messages - Transportation (LE-TRA) - SAP Library

Posting Goods Receipt for Shipments - Goods Receipt Process for Inbound Deliveries - SAP Library

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator, please move it to right section(SAP MM or SD ?) if you think its in incorrect section.

Let me try to rephrase the exact problem. System 1 creates PO and corresponding Sales order is created in system 2. Now, there are 10 such POs created and corresponding 10 SOs in system 2. System 2, creates different deliveries for all sales order and combines them into a single Shipment document. Now, we want this shipment document to flow to system 1. One possibility is to create incoming shipment and IBD and post GR with this shipment document. Am I thinking correct ?

arnabsarkar2601
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

First of all let us know why you want the shipment of System 2 flows to System 1. What is the business process or logic behind it. Also let us know what is the process you are using ? I think your business process is M2O. Please clear this.

Regards,

Arnab

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

any suggestions please..