Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geo-coding connection to PC Miler

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

dear experts,

we would like to use the standard geo-coding interface TM to Geo-coding system interface to connect to PC Miler. We have developed the class and method that retrieves the geo-coordinates from Pc Miler. We have assigned it in customizing for the process controller, but still when we run report /SAPAPO/MASS_GEOCODE_LOC, it uses SAP0 and ignores our custom class/method. We have done the assignments to the country and set it as exclusive. When we were trying to assign the class and method in the process controller transaction, we received a message that the class does not exist, but it does. we have verified in SE24.

Do you have an idea what could be the root cause?

Thanks in advance

Petra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petra,

I think you are mixing things up here a bit. It looks like you want to connect to PC Miler GeoCoding using the NetWeaver GeoCoding framework, which does not at all require any definitions in the Process Controller framework.

Did you check MKS60?

That should answer your questions.

Marcus

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcus,

thanks for your answer. We appreciate your quick reply as business is keen to see the PC Miler interface working. We will maintain notes 2218006 and 2219651. We have maintained the customizing to set the custom geo-coder as follows and we have assigned the custom geocoder program as follows. What else do we have to do to be able to geo-code using our own class? When we run program /SAPAPO/MASS_GEOCODE_LOC, the custom code is ignored.

Thanks in advance

Petra

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would personally approach it in a way that I focus first on a single country and the minimal set of definitions to be made. Later you can set all other countries live.

I would also first check if my code is executed by simply adjusting a single location in the standard location maintenance. Later you can use the report.

I checked your ticket, but the connection is closed.

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Thanks so much for looking into this. We asked the connection to be opened. Will let you know as soon as its done.

Thanks

Petra

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have applied the notes, but the main reason why the program was not called was that the class was not created correctly. It has to be created from the interface and not directly. Thats what the developper said. I hope, a future developper who may run into the same issue understand what is meant.

Otherwise, may be another Tm expert can explain better how the class has to be created, so that it works?

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds strange. A class is a class no matter if it is created directly or as a copy of another existing class. As long as it is syntax error free and can be activated.

So your custom code is called now and the issue solved?

petra_just
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Marcus,

I saw the class yesterday and it was syntax free and existed in se24. Today, the coding is called and it_request has the address data of the location, so the issue is resolved. Maybe, I can find out what was exactly wrong. here is the explanation from our support team:

While debugging the report run, we found SEO_METHOD_GET_DETAIL, we created a variant in this FM and called the class and program created as a copy of the standard geocoding class and method CL_GEOCODER_IGS, method geocode which can be found in "register geocoding program in the system" as shown on the screenshot above. Also, the method GEOCODE was assigned by mistake directly to the interface. This error was resolved too.

The developer continues developing the retrieve of geo-coordinates from PC Miler. It looks good. The next question we have is regarding the truck type. We need to use certain truck types. PC Miler has different distances/durations based on the truck type. But, this is different and I use another thread.

Regards

Petra

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually I think you are making this really complicated...

Create a simple class, enter the required interface IF_GEOCODING_TOOL under tab 'Interfaces' and implement the interface method GEOCODE. That's it. No need to copy, no need for further investigation.

Answers (0)