cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDMS for SAP PI 7.31 single stack not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have tried to configure User-Defined message search in my PI system (SAP PI 7.31 single stack) which is not yet successful.

I have followed both the SAP documents-

"How to configure and execute used defined message search"

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/803b22cf-ad75-2f10-0790-da055f2e8...

"Configuring User-Defined Message Search"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/b2e0186b156ff4e10000000a42189b/content.htm

I have also taken care of the parts -"Defining Namespace prefix" and "running the indexing job".

But the process is not working in any of the interfaces that I have tried to test with.

Could anyone please help me in finding if I have missed out on some points while creating the filters or there might be some parameters in our PI server that needs to be enabled to make the UDMS work.

Appreciate your kind suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyashri,

Can you please share UDMS filter configuration and a sample message for which you are configuring message search. To be more precise:

• Filter configuration vs. processed message header values for sender and receiver components, interface, etc.;
  • Search criteria / extractor configuration within a filter vs. message payload (if you search for values in message payload using XPath) or message dynamic header value (if you search for values in message dynamic headers);
  • Namespace and prefix configuration vs. processed message payload;
  • Is filter activated (in status "Active")?

Referenced materials contain appropriate and relevant configuration steps, but it is hard to give any precise comments until we get familiarized with configuration and message sample in question.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sherya,

Refer the below link

I guess your selecting interface details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I have checked this link as well and confirmed that none of the steps were missed.

Also I have selected the filter details correctly since the "Test Search Criteria" for my filter is working properly but its not working when I am trying to search the same message from message monitor database.

Regards,

Shreya

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange Sherya,

Did you confirm that your searching with correct values and also try indexing and check once.