Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Sender/Receiver SAP Business system in business component in SAP PI

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP PI 7.4 system for A2A . Our ASA are between  R/3 to APO and R/3 to TM visa versa on PI system. All interfaces are working fine. As part of system upgrade(either target system or source system).Another upgrade system would be  added in the respective landscape for testing.

Whenever we have new system. Generally we have to copy/create all interface objects by changing new SAP system in business component for testing in PI system.

My Query is : Is there any way to config sender business component or receiver business component dynamically?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

There is no option to determine sender or receiver dynamically but you have below options.

• You can create receiver determination with '*' in the sender component, then even if you change the sender business system the interface will work without changing the interface.
  • You can use copy configuration wizard to change the existing business system to new business systems, it is quick with 3 simple steps.
  • You can keep the same business system for your new ERP technical system then you no need to change the interface.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your reply.

• You can create receiver determination with '*' in the sender component, then even if you change the sender business system the interface will work without changing the interface.
    • I have to try this option.

• You can use copy configuration wizard to change the existing business system to new business systems, it is quick with 3 simple steps.
    • Yes. I am using copy configuration wizard. I want avoid this step. PI system should be handle by dynamically.

• You can keep the same business system for your new ERP technical system then you no need to change the interface.
    • Business system should be unique as per company policy.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Srinivas

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Are you transporting the objects from old to new PI system?

If yes,you can try maintaining transport targets in the SLD.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

PI system same. Either source/target system is new.

So that I have to do similar configuration for the new system(Source/Target).

Regards,

Srinivas.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

So you can maintain targets for systems in the SLD right.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Yes. Business systems are maintained in SLD already with unique name.

Example (Upgrading Source System1):

Flow:

Source System 1 ---> PI System --- Target System 1

Now We have a new Source system2 for upgrade  of Source System1.

The interfaces configured in Sender Business Component as Source System1.

To test I should create/copy all interface objects related to source system in PI system.

As we have number of upgrades and there are new source system coming with every upgrade we need to copy the objects for all source system to achieve similar functionality with this new system thus this is time consuming and we need to do this quite frequently.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Srinivas.