cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary File Issue

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a file to file scenario in which I am using 'Use temporary file' at a sender side. While processing this scenario, in one of the process temporary file also get transferred to the receiver side. Can any one help me out why this is happening and any work around for the same ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just make use of the "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" option in the communication channel to avoid processing the temporary files.

More Info : Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

For sender channel to avoid picking up the temporary file which is still being written, do the following.

- In File Name, do not use * in the extension. (Example: use abc.txt or abc.xml or *.txt or *.xml....etc)

- When Source System is writing file in the folder,ask them to create the file with .tmp while it is still being written, once its done then change the file name to the actual file name. (Ideal this is should already be happening)

Regards

Osman

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

At sender or receiver?

I guess this option is for receiver channel.

Configuring the Receiver FTP Adapter - Configuring the File/FTP Adapter in Integration Directory/PCK...