cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between events and methods (WebDynPro Java)

former_member187990
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a fresher to WebDynPro Java. Please come out with a solution for the following. I am not able to understand the clear concept lying behind events and methods. Please explain me, if possible with an example

Regards

Sathish Kumar SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

The difference is simple.An event is the one which is raised by the User like clicking radio box,checking the check box item like that.The event raised by the user is assigned to one particular action in viewcontroller java class.Where as a method is the one written in the controller class is just like a java method having some parameters and returns some thing.In Java it is similar to a method signature or C language function.Method you can call at any time.Where as an action assigned to event is executed whenever the event is raised by the user.

Hope that you will get clear understanding.

regards

kalyan

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

There's nothing specific to WD here. It's all the same as in other languages.

Your question is answered

Regards,

Sudeep

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a specifi forum for WebDynpro Java () where you will get a much quicker and better answer.

Eddy

-

PS. Reward the useful answers and you will get <a href="http:///people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/04/04/point-for-points-reward-yourself">one point</a> yourself!