cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any specific settings required for REST services !!!

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to get the content of webi reports using REST calls.

I am interested in querying the dataprovider properties (viz source, source type) and dataprovider details (objects in the data provider, links if any).

When I try to execute them in batch mode through java application, after fetching few reports details my requests are getting time out. I have the connection time out as 10 minutes.  When I retry the same report, I am getting the required data.

I am on BI 4.0 SP9.

Any specific settings needs to be made on WACS or any other services to avoid this issue.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

I can't think of any specific setting on the WACS that would cause this.

Since you are batch processing, you may be running into the "Maxmimum Documents per User" setting which is 5 by default on the webi processing server. 

To avoid this, ensure that you are closing each document once you have finished gathering the details you need for each document.

To close a document, use the following

PUT   /biprws/raylight/v1/documents/<docID>

body:

<document>

<state>Unused</state>

</document>

for more info, look for "updating the state of a document" in the documentation.

Dan

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan.  I thought we have make this put request only when we are modifying the report metadata.  So we have to make them after each get request also.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to close the document after every GET, but as a best practice you should close the document when you are finished with it to free up resources.

As per the documentation you don't need to modify a report in order for it to be opened. If you query for specific internal information about the report, the document will be opened an put into a state of "Original" if no changes have been applied, so this will count against the user's open document limit.  Once closed (put into a state of "Unused"), the use count for the user is decremented.

Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian

Possibly a session management problem where you accidentally opened too many sessions and the system gets confused, or maybe a memory issue with your program.

I had a similar requirement and used the examples here. I initially had problems similar to the ones you were talking about but once I cleared up session problems (both for reading from RESTful and writing to Oracle), the problem disappeared.

Regards

Richard